lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
silverslider
Not Yet Wild

Default Lift Kit, Tires and Rims for Yamaha Gasser

Hey yall, you've probably heard this question a thousand time eh.
I figured a good fall project for me and my son would be to install a lift kit and tires on our 1995 Yamaha G-14 Gasser.
I've been reading around and looks like I'll go with the recommendation of either;
http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-...e-package.html
or
http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-...e-package.html

Why would I want 10 inch wide tires over 8 inch? more stability?

Buggies Unlimited has their economy package which is a great deal but I assume you get what you pay for? Why would I not want this package? more sway? less stability? prone to break?

I did not really plan to lift my cart that much and the 4" lift seems to be more than enough. Looks like you get 20 inch tires with their kit instead of 22s with the Allsports.

If I go with the Allsports should I plan on buying anything else? wheel spacers? anything to add more stability to the cart?

thanks
Jeff
silverslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Lift Kit, Tires and Rims for Yamaha Gasser

Howdy Jeff. The 10" wheels are required to clear the lift kit components. The BU lift is chinese/cheap. The All Sports comes with everything necessary to lift the cart.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lift Kit, Tires and Rims for Yamaha Gasser

the Allsports is a very complete kit and there made in the U.S.A
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
pbillyi69
shut up & hang on

Club Car

i have an allsports lift on mine and i have a buddy with a bu lift and im here to tell ya that the allsports is a much much better product and the customer support is second to none. i was having an issue with mine when i first got it and the owner of the company called me on a sunday to help me figure out what was going on. i guarantee that you will not get that kind of service from bu.........
pbillyi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
roundtuit60
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just put a All Sports Super Sports lift on my Club Car. The lift replaces almost the entire OEM front suspension. The All Sports parts that I put on seemed infinitely stronger than the OEM Club Car parts I took off. I'm sold on the All Sports.
roundtuit60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
silverslider
Not Yet Wild

Should I order a new set of king pins? My front end (steering to tires) seems a little wobbly. I checked all the ball joints and they feel tight. I remember when I bough tth ecart years ago the guy said something about the king pins wearing out.

thanks for the great input
Jeff
silverslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:28 PM   #7
john m
Not Yet Wild

I am installing a 6" on G22. Nice kit, but I was missing some hardware and the instructions leave a little to be desired (they bascially say-- 1. Take off the old. 2. Bolt on the new.) NO PICS. Overall it's not bad, but you had better have some mechanical sense. I will find out about customer service tomorrow on the missisng parts.
john m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #8
Boris
DELETED

Welcome slider ... I've found that rarely the kingpins themselves get worn ..... sometimes the wear gets into the kingpins but the bushings are usually the culprits and get the lions share of the wear. If your bushings are worn through check the holes where the bushings are inserted for roundness. ...... suggestion, Replace it all when you're there ...... OR if you have any doubt.

If your looking for an inexpensive 5" lift ask Tom (@CPP) about his $159. economy-lift this one fits the G-2 and G-9. I got one and was impressed with the heaviness of this unit, plus I believe Tom actually makes these in-house. If you're not wanting to throw down some serious cash to start with, you can probably get the lift with tires for (I believe) around $425.

Now, before you discount this suggestion because these parts aren't labelled as G14 parts ... I had talked to Jakes awhile back and was told that the fronts all were pretty much the same on the Yammie's. That the rear shock towers/mounts and blocks were the things that were different ........... you can fabricate you a rear lift with blocks and longer U-Bolts. Just an idea to turn some wrenches with your son and save you some bucks
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
john m
Not Yet Wild

Called Allsports about the missisng hardware. It arrived today with no problems. Got the lift on quickly. It will take some road testing to get the toe-in set, but the kit looks good. Great service from allsports and everything carts.
john m is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts