lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
mudmad
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Not hitting RPMS

I have 1999 Club car ds on stock tires, i have bigger ones but want to figure out my RPM problem first. I have added a timing advance key, a 200 rpm spring and a power kit from Carts plus, disconected the gov and rev limiter, on the tach the max i can reach is 3700 rpm. The guy at carts plus said i should be hitting upwards of 5000 RPMS. I checked and adjusted my throtle linkage. On the drive clutch the belt rides ar max 3/4 inch from the top, the way the wear marks are on the clutch the belt has been riding there for a while and i just did the mods to it.
mudmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Default Re: Not hitting RPMS

The belt not coming to the top is killing your top speed, However it should raise your rpm. Are you sure on rpm gauge? As I'm not even sure you would need to unhook rev lmiter to get to 3700. Have you checked your valve clearance. Your motor stock with no mods should easily run to 4000.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
mudmad
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm pretty sure it installed right I wrapped the spark plug wire about 4 times and it seems to be working. I'm maintance mode it hits around 4200. And I'm not sure how to check the valve clerance.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
mudmad
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What might cause the driven clutch not to run all of the way up, I dont know if they are like a snowmaching clutch that you can adjust?

Tags
clutching, rpms
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car