lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
whitetail436
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default drive clutch puller

just wondering if the clutch puller for a club car is something that i could make and save the 50 bucks in order to have the drive clutch machined?
whitetail436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #2
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

Default Re: drive clutch puller

I'm not sure. I do know that I bought one and I broke it off inside the shaft becasue of a stubborn clutch.
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I've made both of my pullers. One is from a 3/4 shaft 24" long that I can screw in from outside the cart. The other one was a 1/4" punch pressed into the end of a drilled bolt that fit and then cut to the right length to give me about 3/8" thread before getting tight. Both work fine.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #4
whitetail436
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

hey crash does the puller just thread in and pull out or is there more to it. shoot and as close as you are to me ill just swing down to chesterfield and pick yours up by the way have there been any more plans on that va ride later this year?
whitetail436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #5
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

i bought mine from my local cc dealer. i don't think it was anywhere near $50. I'm thinking it was more like 25ish. they do work great. i usually tighten mine up pretty tight and then tap on the back of the clutch with a peice of wood and a hammer. has popped them off everytime so far.

-Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:56 AM   #6
jjlotto
Not Yet Wild

hi Im new i wont know the exact size of the puller in mm if is possible the bolt is 3/8 or 3/4 thanks
jjlotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

wite tail, i got my puller a cc for around 35 bucks. it has a tapper shaft, fist 1 1/2 smaller then remaining shaft, and a wonderfull fine thread bolt bolted to it. but here are the dimmetions i got from mine and a handy tape measure.
over all shaft length, 5 3/8 long with a 1 1/4 long bolt, bolted on top of it with a 1/8 inch gap to move.
shaft dia is 3/8 in for the large portion. 1/4 inch for the smaller portion at the tip. it is 1 3/8 long.
i hope this helps. out. i have heard of using a 1/4 inrod at around 5 1/4 long and paqcking the hole with grease and using the pully bolt to push the rod in the shaft to "pack" the grease and push the pulley off. i just decide it was cheaper, and easier to buy the pulley. cause if i damage the clutch it wasnt going to cost me 35 bucks to get and i still had to get the clutch off. at around 250 for it, a 35-50 dollar clutch was worth it to me. just something to think about. cast aliunium is some strong stuff, but very brittle and delicate.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Ummm... CK??? Whitetail posted this in 2008!
jjlotto brought it back to life!

jj... buy, rent, or borrow a CC clutch puller! I tried a "make shift" one, and the results were not good!

For the $30.00 or $40.00... you won't be sorry! Trust me!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #9
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

i noticed this ater i wrote it half tired last night lockman. and i was still bummed over the cancellation of the drag race last night at 11 am and it didnt even rain. here. oh well the info is there.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:17 AM   #10
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have a 1993 DS Club Car and made my drive pulley puller for under $2 with 2 Grade 8 bolts from TSC. The first bolt was 3/8" x 5". The second is a 7/16"-20 (fine thread) x 2". Cut the head off the 3/8" bolt and grind the threads off 1-1/2". This will allow it to slide into end of crankshaft without damaging threads in crankshaft. Then grind the threads off of the 7/16" bolt leaving only 1" of the threads adjacent to the head. I welded the 2 bolts together but is not necessary. They could remain in two pieces.

See finished product in attached pic. It worked great and mine was very tight.

It might be possible to buy a 7/16"-20 x 1" and 3/8" x 6" and save grinding any threads on the 7/16" bolt but they did not have a 6" bolt at the store I went to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Club Car puller.jpg (199.0 KB, 0 views)
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car