lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
AmericanDad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default How did your buggy do in the soft sand?

What kind of cart do you have and how has it performed in the sand, dirt, mud and hill climbs?
AmericanDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
mikeymuy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: How did your buggy do in the soft sand?

Depends on your engine size i have a honda 24hp run the dunes pretty good climbs small dunes able to dune with quads and side by sides
mikeymuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:57 AM   #3
AmericanDad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Is your motor a vtwin or a quad motor? Do you run paddles when you're in soft sand? I think my cart is extremely heavy for the warrior 350 but I have a friend who has a stock 200cc engine and he does fine.

Would anyone suggest changing sprockets before I put a bigger motor?
Old 11-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a stock kawasaki 401 in my cart and once i took the top, rear seat and rear step plate off....wow, what a difference. I have added a modified roll cage to it that has some weight, but it serves the purpose, or will when i get it finished. As for the mud and sand.....i have taken mine all over...beaches, lakes, hog hunting.....i do it all. Mine does not do well in water. Belt slippage. I was fortunate not to need that extra grip....just water and shallow mud, nothing real deep. In the sand, you can't get better. The tires i have on and the motor has enough *** to turn them when in need. The drive belt slipped on me one time in deep sand (tires spinning) with 4 people on the cart. With 2 on it, no problem. I have my gov. Set with a top speed of 21 mph right now. It has more power i can put to it, but would need to upgrade the clutch a bit, i'm thinking. Over-all....i sold a kawasaki 610 mule to get into the cart thing. I'm pleased with mine. Much more to do, but love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baja 008.jpg (194.8 KB, 58 views)
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I drag a 4' wide rake over our beachfront several times a year. It's fairly deep sand that most vehicles need 4wd to get around in. But the cart does great..... Honda 24 hp v-twin.

Even my stock Marathon did fine. It wasn't the speediest thing in the world but never got stuck.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:30 PM   #6
AmericanDad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Texasfishingmafia that's an awsome rig you got, and that roll cage makes it look tuff. I'll be adding my rollcage within a couple weeks just need a pipe bender. When I get to it I'll post some pics.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:36 PM   #7
AmericanDad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Airjunky that's one bad *** cart. Like the look with the lift and choice of wheels. Beach sand is comparable to desert sand, can you get through it with 4 people onboard?
Old 11-18-2011, 02:11 AM   #8
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, it's been a blast. Never tried it with 4 people yet. It doesn't have a back seat.... yet. It's on my winter list.

But when I tow the rake, I weight it down with like 100 lbs of lead. Its like draggin an anchor around in the sand. The cart is so light & the tires so big, it just floats on top of the sand. I've pulled several 2WD cars out of it over the years..... with my truck.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
sierrakjf
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Two trips to Pismo with my G2 and a 23 hp vanguard running 22 inch swamp fox tires. First time off the trailer spun the tires enough to break a bead. Air up a bit more and ran all around the dunes (smaller ones). I'm thinking paddles for less slipping and more HP to the ground. My biggest concern was the front being TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bumpy / bouncey. I have air shocks all other stock inexpensive coil overs seem to me too stiff. I might look for a different air shock length, longer with less air pressure might be the solution. All and All in the sand I had a blast with the G2.
sierrakjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #10
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Americandad, that cage came off of a kawasaki teyrex. I lengthened it and narrowed it to fit, still have to do the front mounts right. Then wire in speakers (wake board boat speakers) and all the lights. Light bar will have 4 lights on top when done. Wish i had a bender, would've never gotten into this deal. It has been a real woman in a bad mood. There are some super nice carts on this site. You will find the ideas and the people who can make it happen. Not sure if i'm going to mess with a clutch modification or not. Really don't need it that i can see. I know what my cart can do and don't try to push the envelope too much because after all....it's me that will have to pay to fix it! If i wanted to blast across the dunes at 80 mph i would've bought the whole teyrex instead of just the cage. I like my cart. Have never ridden down the beach alone.........always some cuties wanting to ride.
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cbr, lifted carts, polaris, raptor, warrior 350
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts