lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #5011
76sporty
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

replaced must of the front end,installed disc brakes,installed pq motor,installed new head lights, and found a place for my 2-3/4" spikes, it's never ending.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (117.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (146.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (146.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (111.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 16.jpg (210.1 KB, 0 views)
76sporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #5012
Eezeegoh
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

About to go to Sam's and get six new batteries for it. We bought our car(t) recently and I had to refurbished the battery compartment and fab new cables.
Eezeegoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #5013
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Hey Token - just saw this and remember you were checkin out my motor

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/for/2971146597.html
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #5014
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefinger View Post
I installed a voltage reducer and lights, it wasn't fun cutting into an unblemished body, but it worked out.

Good looking cart! I know that feeling of cutting into a perfectly good body.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #5015
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
Small World!!
It sure is I met the son of a guy in my hunting lease on here... Makes you wonder who else is in this forum? Any Rappers named Tupac in here?

What did i do for my cart today? I thought about it alot and as a result have done NO real work today.

Kind of pissed as well, i busted my rear to get Pops running so i could take it to the state park next weekend and now i found out NO CARTS ALLOWED! Doah!
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #5016
MadMax78
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I installed a Shark motorcycle radio. Mounted the speaker pods between the seat backs. Still have to mount the head unit in the dash and run wires. Sounds great for $45.
MadMax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #5017
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76sporty View Post
replaced must of the front end,installed disc brakes,installed pq motor,installed new head lights, and found a place for my 2-3/4" spikes, it's never ending.

I have followed your posts occasionally since you joined. Nice work on the cart. Hope you have enjoyed the build and consider the money well spent.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #5018
porthole
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

EZ-GO changes. Over the last several days finally got to install some upgrades.
  1. Replaced all battery cables. A buddy scored some battery cable for his cart, sent me what was left  All new 2 AWG marine grade cable. Had few pieces of 1AWG lying around so battery to controller and battery to disconnect are 1 AWG. My cables are all crimped and adhesive line heat shrink
  2. 300 amp fuse added to 36v+ terminal
  3. Remote activated battery disconnect switch. Battery switch remote is in the glove box. Will allow total disconnect of the batteries. Except for the remote switch’s 12 volt activation circuit (only a load when activated) and the battery charger input.
  4. EVDrives contactor and reversing solenoids. Didn’t know where to put them so I made up some aluminum mounting plates and put them right where the old switch was.
  5. Scotty’s key switch panel with battery meter, switch added to meter to check 12 volt side. The switch is a SPDT, always on for 36v and momentary on for 12v
  6. Recessed headlights installed (already had tail lights)
  7. 36v-12v converter added. Already think the item I got is not up to the task. Only a 200 watt-18 amp unit. It is only a 3 wire converter. So it is being fed from the main battery pack through the key switch, which is a rather light gauge wire. With the lights on the converter voltage drops to 11.5 volts. Seems the better units have an adjustable voltage output and 4 wires, which II assume is for remote activation.
  8. Most 12 volt wiring redone
  9. All battery and other wiring that was replaced is all marine grade Ancor silver tinned wire. I’m a boater so that is what I have laying around the house. Helps to have a commercial account at West Marine too and the nearest store is only 3 miles away.
  10. 6 circuit “push in” fuse block for all 12v wiring in glove box
  11. Wood grain dash
  12. Crager SS hub caps
  13. Rear view mirrors
  14. LED 3rd brake light
  15. End of last season added a folding rear seat for my dogs, they love riding on the cart.

Besides West Marine, http://www.pacergroup.net/ is an excellent affordable supply for wire, terminal and heat shrink

Always thought about buying these tools – should have done it already
http://www.cableorganizer.com/loom-tool/

BTW, there is nothing wrong with the old F&R manual switch, if someone can use it is yours for the price of postage. Probably about $6-$7 for the CONUS.

So I paid too much for the cart, put way too much time and money into it, guess I’ll just keep it forever.
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #5019
Token
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have been looking at that plum motor and wondering if that would help me climb a few hills until I can do a 48v upgrade..
Token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #5020
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token View Post
I have been looking at that plum motor and wondering if that would help me climb a few hills until I can do a 48v upgrade..
that looks like a great deal.. If I didn't just get my D&D I'd be all over it. Should get you close to 20mph as is
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO