lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2018, 10:43 AM   #11
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart only goes 5mph

Upgrading to the alltrax XTC 400 or 500 will also really wake up the cart and is worth it.

I don’t know what your plans are for the cart other than just get it running. I would consider one of the controller kits from Carts unlimited that has the cables. Your can get it with the longer cables for a 48 volt cart that way when you current batteries die you can easily change to 48 volts by just buying new batteries. Also at the same time you can get a new $500 motor and triple your horsepower.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2018, 10:52 AM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Make sure you go to http://www.cartsunlimited.net/speed-...ion-info-.html
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:37 AM   #13
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

As of now I am just wanting to get the cart running normal. I ordered the Curtis Ezgo PDS 350 Amp Controller and the Red Freedom Performance Chip. I was under the impression I was buying a functioning cart so having to sink another 450.00 in it has me a little beside myself. Maybe down the line we will start upgrading. But as for now we just want a functioning golf cart.
Jonathan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:09 PM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Is there any chance you can cancel your order?

Check out:

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/speed-...ion-info-.html
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:45 PM   #15
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

I appreciate the options. But I’m just going to stay with what I ordered and get the cart running. I’ll post back what happens after I get and install the new controller.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:50 PM   #16
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

Update: Installed new controller and cart is still moving at 5mph. Cart will start out going really fast and then back down to 5mph. I get a 1-3 fault code “Speed sensor”. I replaced the speed sensor last week in all of the troubleshooting we did before getting a new controller. Any ideas?
Old 06-30-2018, 05:46 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan08 View Post
Update: Installed new controller and cart is still moving at 5mph. Cart will start out going really fast and then back down to 5mph. I get a 1-3 fault code “Speed sensor”. I replaced the speed sensor last week in all of the troubleshooting we did before getting a new controller. Any ideas?
When you replaced the speed sensor, did you check to see if the screw holding the magnet disk to the end of the motor shaft was tight? A slipping magnet disk can give you a speed sensor error.

To check the output of the speed sensor, measure from battery pack main negative to J5 Pin-2 (White wire) while pushing cart very, very slowly. The voltage ought to switch between 0V and 5V repeatedly as cart moves.
The motor spins 12.44 times each time the axle rotates once and there are four 5V pulses per motor revolution, so you get almost 50 5V pulses per tire revolution and you have to push cart very slowly or you won't see the pulses on a voltmeter.

-----------
If you have access to an automotive type DMM that has a tachometer function, Set for a V8 engine and you can read actual motor RPM using J5 Pin-2 as the signal source. This is a handy way to monitor the speed sensor operation while driving cart.

--------
A quick and dirty speed sensor check is to simply push the cart by hand while the Run/Tow switch is in the Run position. If the speed sensor is communicating with the controller, the "Walkaway Safety" feature will activate and the beeper will beep rapidly and Regen braking will try to keep cart from moving faster than 2MPH (with stock height tires). However, this might not catch a slipping magnet disk.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:57 PM   #18
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

Just did the push test and got no beeps or braking.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:27 PM   #19
Jonathan08
Not Yet Wild

I don’t remember there being a retainer clip we had to remove for the magnet. Bc we took it out to inspect it when we replaced the speed sensor last week. I think we just unscrewed it. Should there be a clip for the speed sensor and a clip for the magnet?
Old 06-30-2018, 06:49 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The magnet disk is held in place by a single screw, however there are two snap rings (inner and outer) that hold the speed sensor precisely in place. Spacing is critical for the Hall Effect sensor, too close and it is physically damaged, too far and it doesn't work reliably, if at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speed sensor - exploded view.JPG (28.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2001, 36 volt, ezgo, pds, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO