lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2021, 12:08 PM   #1
tuckercart
Not Yet Wild

Default 1990 EZGO Marathon, New everything and not getting the speed i wanted

Hey Smart folks,
I upgraded my 1990 EZGO 36v with a Alltrax SR48500, 500amp solenoid and a DD 170-013-0001 motor.

I'm not getting the speed I thought i would. Hitting 11-12mph on flat ground.
Alltrax said I cant adjust anything via programing. I'm confused on how change anything at all on the controller.

If this is all I can get out of the motor I'm thinking of getting a PB Speed Demon. Will my current controller be able to handle the power, It says i need the SR48600.

Thoughts?
Thanks
tuckercart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2021, 03:00 PM   #2
Jamesn71
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1990 EZGO Marathon, New everything and not getting the speed i wanted

I have the exact same with 2 month old Trojan Batteries. In flat ground with standard cart tires I can do 16 -17 mph. Not sure if my d&d motor is the same but I purchased the high speed high torque. Wondering if yours is the high torque model?

When I hooked up the laptop it showed my throttle was only at 75% when pegged to the floor. The rep from Alltrax helped to adjust the slider on the graph so when floored it was at 100% and it increased my speed substantially.
Jamesn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 04:50 PM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1990 EZGO Marathon, New everything and not getting the speed i wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesn71 View Post
Not sure if my d&d motor is the same but I purchased the high speed high torque..
Either high speed or high torque... you can't have both.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 07:35 PM   #4
Jamesn71
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
https://www,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...-speed-torque/

This is what i'm referring to.
Jamesn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 05:17 AM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, it's advertised as high speed / high torque... normal golfcart speed is 12 - 14 mph, so 16 mph isn't really high speed? But 50% more torque is a number, with taller tires you'll get 2 - 3 extra mph.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:22 AM   #6
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

If you want more speed, increase the voltage to 48 volts. Volts add speed and amps (Alltrax SR48500 500 amp controller) adds torque. Check with D&D and see if you can run that motor on 48volts.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 11:43 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
The phrase highlighted in blue is true, but only when the motor case and the forms the stator and armature are wound on, stay the same size.

The case diameter is more or less determined by the diameter of the mounting surface on the differential, but the case length can be increased by 2" or more and still fit in the motor space provided, so a motor that has a combination of higher speed and higher torque than a stock motor can be (and are being) built by lengthening the case, stator and armature.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 04:17 AM   #8
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you JB

Tags
1990, alltrax, dnd, ezgo, marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO