lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2022, 09:23 PM   #1
fromill
Not Yet Wild

Default 1988 EZGO Wont Run

1988 EZGO with a Robin 2 cycle.

Last fall while riding it backfired a few times and then acted like it was running out of gas and eventually wouldn't run. I thought it might be a fuel filter or pump but I'm getting gas at the carb. So, I thought it might be time for a new carb or at least clean the original. I did get a new carb and cleaned the old one but I get the same response. New plug and 110-115 lbs compression. I did get it to run some but ran rich and now won't start. I am getting spark ok. Ideas what I should look at? Thanks.
fromill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2022, 09:57 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 1988 EZGO Wont Run

Have you checked the crank seals? Wouldn’t hurt to pull the intake manifold off too and make sure the reeds are good too.

If spark and compression are good try spraying a little gas in the spark plug hole and see if it fires off to rule out a fuel issue. But Thisnis where I’d be going with it next
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 09:43 PM   #3
fromill
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the response. I’m guessing I have to pull the motor to do this? I have downloaded the manual so I’ll have to do some reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2022, 03:14 PM   #4
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Id check the valves also. Pull the valve cover and check first to see that they are all moving, then check clearance at TDC. I like them to be between .004 and .006. Could have jumped timing or a valve could be opening or closing at the wrong time.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:01 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott quail View Post
Id check the valves also. Pull the valve cover and check first to see that they are all moving, then check clearance at TDC. I like them to be between .004 and .006. Could have jumped timing or a valve could be opening or closing at the wrong time.
There’s no valves in a 2 stroke

Yes you’ll need to remove the engine to check the crank seals, but that’s really really easy in this cart. Most commonly you’ll find the one underneath the flywheel is the one that’s bad.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:55 AM   #6
Scott quail
Gone Wild

ha. I saw robbins and assumed it was the subaru robbins.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 10:23 PM   #7
fromill
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again. I’ll see what I can do as some of this may be a bit over my head. I have down loaded the manual so I’ll do some reading while waiting for warm weather to work on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO