lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2022, 10:09 AM   #11
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Reverse turns over but won’t start

JSG, AGELE55 is a wealth of information. AgeLE55 i will attach a couple pics of current progress of my cart
tennbamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2022, 10:17 AM   #12
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

AGELE55, i have stripped the old hand brushed on green paint off. still need to do some sanding and stuff to get ready for paint. I thought about applying vinyl wrap material. All electricals seem to still work great with exception that the engine does not automatically cut off when gas pedal is released. Im not concerned with that right now.

Im still stuck on brakes. If you will remember i tore up the fence due to lack of brakes. I put new pads on but i do not think i used the right ones and i done think they are working right. I have sort of dropped off project but getting close to getting back on it. Last time i worked on brakes i did not take axles out Sort of replaced the pads working around them. Anyway, here is current pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart.jpg (272.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 2.jpg (322.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-16-2022, 10:38 AM   #13
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Oh and just for giggles, if you look in the back ground you will see a 1971 yamaha 2 strok enduro. one of my other projects. It was 50 years old last year. I also run and maintain 2 1995 2 stroke yamaha wave raider jet skis. The motorcycle was one like me and my brother used to ride as kids, lol
Old 01-16-2022, 10:45 AM   #14
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

i guess you could say i like my old yamahas, lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yamaha enduro.jpg (322.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg jet skis.jpg (170.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-16-2022, 08:41 PM   #15
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennbamaman View Post
i guess you could say i like my old yamahas, lol
Digging the old Yami’s! The Yamakazi cart is definitely looking better. Keep up the cool work!
AGELE55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:45 PM   #16
JSG
Not Yet Wild

Ageless the buggie is still blowing fuses at Will was checking the brushes and commutator and with the key off got a small shock from the brushes when removing also the negative from the starter/alternator has taped join near the exhaust and sparked when it touched it
Thanks again
JSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 09:20 AM   #17
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSG View Post
Ageless the buggie is still blowing fuses at Will was checking the brushes and commutator and with the key off got a small shock from the brushes when removing also the negative from the starter/alternator has taped join near the exhaust and sparked when it touched it
Thanks again
Ok…. I’m not sure what you mean by “the negative”. There is no negative on the SG. Current simply flows one way in FWD, and the opposite in REV. But you ALWAYS have 12v from the battery sitting on ALL FOUR terminals of the SG while turned off.
- F2 directly from the positive post.
- F1 is a direct connection to F2 inside the SG, so it will be hot also.
- A1 & A2 are both receiving the 12v output from F1. (It’s routed through the two de-energized solenoids and back to A1 & A2.). All this creates a balance, so that nothing happens until to energize a solenoid.
In short, I’m not surprised you’re getting a poke messing with energized circuits…lol. UNPLUG THE BATTERY while working on it…lol
As far as shooting sparks from a frayed wire, yes , repair the wire.
*Now here’s a big nugget of information on blowing the fuse. The only part of the SG in line with the fuse is the generator pickoff (Red & Green Wires). So do this- fully charge your battery and drive around with the red and green wires disconnected. The battery won’t be recharging, but if it blows a fuse, we’re pretty positive it is NOT the SG. In this case we can come up with a jumper to bypass various cart wiring to narrow down the suspects.
Now, if doesn’t blow, we’re honing in on the charging circuit as the culprit.
Old 01-25-2022, 08:22 AM   #18
JSG
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again mate I thought that was a neutral going to the SG thru the solenoids it hasn’t blown a fuse for a while but am certainly narrowing it down it’s fun messing around with these relics
Thanks heaps for your input!!!
JSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:41 AM   #19
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSG View Post
Thanks again mate I thought that was a neutral going to the SG thru the solenoids it hasn’t blown a fuse for a while but am certainly narrowing it down it’s fun messing around with these relics
Thanks heaps for your input!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha