lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #6011
bashor1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

sportcoupe, I have no idea the tire size, I just got it on trade. I can get check and let you know tomorrow.
bashor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #6012
heypilch
Not Yet Wild

Installed Jake's 6" lift & new heavy duty rear leafs to handle the weight of two adults in the back seat I also just installed. A little concerned that the lift is a bit too high, but I'm sure it's just such a difference that it's a bit of a shock.

Now to figure out how the heck I'm going to keep a top & still be able to get it into my toyhauler...

Convertible tops are really really cool, but **** they're expensive!
heypilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #6013
RitchCraft
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I finally got my turn signal kit working. Have the front end torn apart now installing heavy duty shocks and leaf springs.

Tomorrow, remove the back seat, install a license plate holder and light, install the rear heavy duty shocks, leaf springs and shackles, then put the back seat back together.

Friday, try to figure how to install a manual windshield wiper (yeah, needed to make street legal, go figure ).

Monday, take it to police station to get inspected, run to BMV to get it titled and then plates.

Monday afternoon, drive around town laughing at gas guzzling fools.
RitchCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #6014
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypilch View Post
Installed Jake's 6" lift & new heavy duty rear leafs to handle the weight of two adults in the back seat I also just installed. A little concerned that the lift is a bit too high, but I'm sure it's just such a difference that it's a bit of a shock.

Now to figure out how the heck I'm going to keep a top & still be able to get it into my toyhauler...

Convertible tops are really really cool, but **** they're expensive!
How much clearance do you need? Have you seen the hinge kits for the roof supports that will lower the roof 3" when needed?
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #6015
heypilch
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
How much clearance do you need? Have you seen the hinge kits for the roof supports that will lower the roof 3" when needed?
I have seen those & they're really cool! I don't know how much clearance I need yet cause my cart hasn't met my TH yet I'm going to get them together on Monday to see. In the meantime though, I think I'm going to try to employ some wing bolts/nuts and try to take the top off when I put it in and back on once it's at the campground. Sounds like a PITA, I know...but we'll see.

I'll measure to see if 3" is enough to get it in there. If it is - I'll be buying a set for sure
Old 07-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #6016
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It was a huge relief when I learned that the cart had about 3" extra clearance in the toyhauler without modification! I never accurately measured prior to ordering the trailer, but just from walking under the beds I thought it would be close. Of course you know that immediately after this discovery, my twisted mind was telling me that something must be done to use up that extra 3"!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #6017
heypilch
Not Yet Wild

I'm hoping that'll work for me too! The other option I might try (if it works at all) this trip out would be to let some air out of the tires. It's an old desert racer's trick but it probably won't be enough by itself. I did buy 10" wheels, so there'd be plenty of sidewall to minimize.

Where do I get those brackets/hinges & how much are they?
Old 07-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #6018
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypilch View Post
I'm hoping that'll work for me too! The other option I might try (if it works at all) this trip out would be to let some air out of the tires. It's an old desert racer's trick but it probably won't be enough by itself. I did buy 10" wheels, so there'd be plenty of sidewall to minimize.

Where do I get those brackets/hinges & how much are they?
http://xt-innovations.com/roofhinge/...oof_hinge.html He is a site sponsor or at least I know he is an advertiser. The banner was just at the top of my page a few clicks ago. I can't quote a price because I don't remember, but my understanding is that they are not cheap. I can say that all the reviews that I have heard have been extremely positive.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #6019
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can find all the BGW sponsors anytime by clicking on the site sponsor link in the middle blue band on any page or go here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #6020
heypilch
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You can find all the BGW sponsors anytime by clicking on the site sponsor link in the middle blue band on any page or go here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO