lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
Tims1957
Not Yet Wild

Default Question on installing my lift kit

Iv got a 98 ezgo. Bought a used lift kit on ebay. Its the cheesy type.Lift blocks for front and back but for what im going to use the cart for it will serve the purpose. But it came with no instructions and iv got a few questions.

It has 2 brackets that are C shaped. They apperar to be for the front. It looks like i need to remove the front axle, flip it over, flip the spindles, and then reinstalll the axle with the spacers between the spring and the upside down axle. This seems like t will work but it would put my welded on shock mounts upside down,i can cut em off and reweld em. But it looks like i might have a tie rod to spring clearance prob. So thats question numbber one. does what i explained sound right and will i have clearance probs.

Now for the rear. I got 2 square spacers. 1.5 inches thick, They are 2 pieces of 1 inch tubing sandwiched by 2 poeces of 1/4 plate. Four holes for the u bolts and one in the center for the spring locater pin.
To install these it appears i need to reposition the axle below the springs and install the spacers between the spring and the axle. To do this im assuming ill need longer u bolts that i didnt get (i figure they cut em). My concern here is that it appears that the back of the engine cradle is bolted to the axle. By dropping the axle so much it will drastically change the angle the motor cradle is at. Will it pivot this much where it attaches in the front? And will i have carb float issues with this angle or am i looking at it all wrong?

Thanks in advance

Tim
Tims1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question on installing my lift kit

Can you post pictures of your cart's suspension and the stuff you bought.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:18 AM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Question on installing my lift kit

Hi Tim, That's a 4" lift.

The U shaped pieces do go on the front axle, but you don't flip the axle, they bolt under the axle with the open part of the U facing forward, then the springs bolted on top the U, You will also need shock and spindle arm extensions for the front.

Then on the back you have to pull the springs, rotate the iso-mounts to facing up, then the block goes on top the axle, then the spring on top the block, then the shock plate on top the spring, bolted together with 3.5" bolts. When done it will look like this.. http://www.frontiernet.net/~irishhills/rearlift.JPG

Easiest to pull both bottom bolts on the shackles, lower the rearend and do one spring at a time, also the rubber grommet in the iso-mount will have to be trimmed to clear the alignment stud on the axle, I use a bench grinder and just grind a small slot in each side of the rubber, enough to clear the pin.

As far as the motor tilt with lifts, when your done drain the oil with the back jacked up, then drop the jack and add 1.5 quarts and remark your full line on the dipstick (I use a file) Other wise you will get a false reading on the dipstick and if overfilled it will suck oil into your air filter box through the crankcase vent tube. (no carb float issues )
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO