lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
kmcrab
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO will not start in neutral

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have just aquired a 1988 EZ GO gas cart. It runs great, the previous owner took the fuel injector off, so now it is a premix. Is 50:1 the correct mix? The next issue is...The cart will only start/engage in forward or reverse. It will not start in neutral. Does anyone have any idea why this could be and what I can do to fix it? All help appreciated!
kmcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: EZGO will not start in neutral

Its not supposed to start in nuetral. 50:1 is fine but I think you can play with the mix depending on what kind of oil you use.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
kmcrab
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank You...I wonder why it is not suppose to start in neutral, I would think for safety it would...
Old 05-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
frogger812
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I would run a mix of 1.5oz oil to 1 gal of gas, some people may think thats to much but it really depends on how your using your cart. If your hard on the cart running it alot then I would use the heaver mix, if your just going to the mailbox everyday then 1oz oil per gallon should do. It will not start in neutral it is a safety.
frogger812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:34 AM   #5
kmcrab
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank You. I appreciate your help.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:40 AM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcrab View Post
Thank You...I wonder why it is not suppose to start in neutral, I would think for safety it would...
Safety is one reason not to start in neutral. What would happen if you started it in neutral, revved it way up and it slipped into gear? (on a four stroke)...

Second is yours is a 2 stroke...the engine runs backwards for reverse. Which direction is it supposed to run in neutral? If you really want it to run in neutral you could hotwire it....never done it though.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #7
kmcrab
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, this makes sense now. Do you happen to know what the most affordable lift kit would be for this cart and also 10" wheels? I will be using the cart on and mainly off road, but not quite sure what tires to get...I do not want any that are really wicked, just good all terrain tires. Thanks
Old 05-15-2008, 02:55 PM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcrab View Post
Thanks, this makes sense now. Do you happen to know what the most affordable lift kit would be for this cart and also 10" wheels? I will be using the cart on and mainly off road, but not quite sure what tires to get...I do not want any that are really wicked, just good all terrain tires. Thanks
For lift, tires and wheels, check with Tom at CPP >http://www.cartpartsplus.com/

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:31 PM   #9
kmcrab
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks..I will check them out
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO