lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #11
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamha G9 Club - Everything G9!

A qt. should be enough. You might thin it down a tad as it may have thickened a little. I suggest you pick up a qt. of primer that is plastic-friendly to underlay this older paint.Then the key is sand, sand, sand (final with 600 grit on the primer). I am color blind & the van looks dark red to me so go for it!! My '9 is going to be a dark red with all metal satin black. Thinking of painting the top satin black also. I will post a pic. after the chrome spokes go on.--Dick
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #12
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

[QUOTE=TheNewGuy;607281]Happy B-day Dave!!

Thanks Ron, Appreciate all the help you've given me! You too CajunLoneWolf, thanks for the best wishes
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:57 AM   #13
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dave-Just remembered that Valspar makes a Plastic primer in a spray can. I used it on a CC repair prior to paint and it works great with good body that sands well a couple of coats and you can get a smooooth finish. You can then use any good paint over it. Dick
Old 08-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #14
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

I had to fill the paint gun twice when i painted my golf carts. I would make sure you have enough paint. When i painted the blue one i got half a galen of paint and i had half a quart left over. But i like to put the paint on. Lots and lots of sanding.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:55 AM   #15
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Thanks G1-G9, I've got a little time before I plan on painting (probably this fall). Still have a couple motorcycle ralleys to hit this summer, plus theres a few more Mods to the cart I want to do. I thought about just leaving it white and running some black rally stripes down the middle of it. I was wondering when you were going to stop by and say hey! I finaly did install those tail-lights that came with the headlight kit the other day, and your right, they fit !
Old 08-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #16
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dave-I answered your PM-Thanks, Dick
Old 08-17-2011, 07:19 AM   #17
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcannow View Post
Dave-I answered your PM-Thanks, Dick
Got it, thanks! Sounds like the 10yr old quart of purple pearl is out since it won't be enough, so think I'll shop around for a 4 or 5" wide vinyl stripe until I figure out what color to go with. I finaly finished checking the valve backlash (after getting ate up by mosquitoes from mowing) last night. Intake was slightly out so adjusted that. Spent some time making a new valve cover gasket, and decided to polish up the aluminum cover since I had it off. Spark plug was a brownish color and no carbon buildup, so was happy with that. NASCAR is back in Michigan this weekend, so thinking about sliding on down to that Sunday if it doesn't rain!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #18
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha G9 Club - Everything G9!

Found this picture from this past winter where we were looking for idea's to re-power an old cart of my friends. not to worry, the motor went into an old school chopper project I'm working on....lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcart.JPG (23.0 KB, 66 views)
Old 08-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #19
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Just want to say, I think the G2/G9a's were probably the best/strongest cars Yamaha ever produced. The G1a's were great/strong cars also, but not everyone likes the inherant smoke a 2 cycle can produce. G8 and up had the softest suspensions/ride quality till "the drive (G29)". It's what you have/own/like. As for members wanting a "specialized" club for your Yamaha models, go for it. All golf cars are fun, enjoy them,but please don't put another make/model down in the process. Were all here to have fun and learn...enjoy the ride
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #20
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Dlcain thats great the lights worked for you. i found an engine tonight for my big block build im going to do this winter. its a 18hp briggs out of a lawn mower and it runs great. we took our carts to texas with us and my dad fell in love with them so much that i left my red cart in texas with him.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha