lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
jwmeyer88
Not Yet Wild

Default Need Help Quick - Tire Size Question

I have a 1998 Yamaha G16 36 volt. I am looking to put a lift kit and some larger tires on it for hunting purposes. I found a deal on some 23x10x12 swamp fox tires with black wheels. Question: Are these too big for a 36 volt...not sure it it affects performance, etc.? Will I have any issues using this tire on this cart?

Thanks for any help!
jwmeyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need Help Quick - Tire Size Question

I cannot give you much help on whether you will have enough torque to get around in the woods with that setup, but I can tell you the swamp foxes are excellent tires for sloppy conditions. I used them on my cart during the hunting season and never even got close to stuck. I do however have a 48 volt cart with a D&D 12hp motor and 500a controller.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
jwmeyer88
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. My main concern is whether or not a 23x10x12 tire will fit on a G16 with a Jakes 6" lift kit. I won't be abusing it too much or running in the mud excessively. I was just hoping to get some folks to weigh in on whether I will experience tire scrubbing, etc. Basically, I am wondering if that tire is too big for that cart and size lift.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
fedex1106
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

do u live near tallahassee jwmeyer88 cause i have a set of tires for sale that i would trade for those swamp foxes if ur interested
fedex1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
jwmeyer88
Not Yet Wild

fedex1106...I don't own the tires. I am trying to decide if that size will simply work for my cart.

Anyone else want to weigh in...I've looked around online and cannot find anything definitive that will tell me. I found one online retailer who sells a Jakes kit on ebay (but it is not Jakes) who states the maximum tire size for a Yamaha G16, 6" lift kit, is a 22" tire. Their "recommended" tire is a 22x11x10.

Was really hoping to make the 23x10x12 work...
Old 02-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #6
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have a G-20 and a Jakes 6 inch lift and run 23/10.50/12 wheels and tires. No problems here!!!!!
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts