lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2009, 05:21 AM   #1
spankbirch
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Charging ? How to Test?

Could someone tip me on how to test if a G1 gas is charging the battery? I have a voltmeter but don't know which connections to test to see if it's charging. I also imagine I'll have to block it up so it can be running while doing the test ? I was having trouble with the cart running when the gas pedal was pressed. I asked a question on this forum (THANKS) checked and cleaned the connections, and ended up replacing the battery & she ran great. I just want to make sure the new battery is getting charged. Thanks--- Mike
spankbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G1 Charging ? How to Test?

Set the digital voltmeter to 20VDC & check the battery state of charge voltage before the test. ie: 12.84 v or whatever. Then start the motor and recheck battery voltage with the motor running above idle speed. Voltage will increase with generator working.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
spankbirch
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I appreciate the help. Mike
spankbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Set the digital voltmeter to 20VDC & check the battery state of charge voltage before the test. ie: 12.84 v or whatever. Then start the motor and recheck battery voltage with the motor running above idle speed. Voltage will increase with generator working.
Like Scotty said......You should read 14.5 to 15.5 volts as rpms encrease. Your stock Yamaha voltage regulator is adjustable. Take the cap off, the is a screw and jam nut...loosen jam nut and turn screw in (to increase) or out. Make shure you put the cap on and recheck voltage readings, they can change.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha