lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
DanEzgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cushman Shuttle Cart?

I just managed to get my hands on this Cushman. I really have a thing for the flat front / awesome turning radius. I cant seem to find any information as far as a model, but it is a controller cart. Needs batteries and some brake work. I am finishing up my other mercedes project and this one is next. I have some ideas for paint and bumpers/brush guard. I dont plan on making it fast, more for just cruising around and hauling the cooler and goodies. A simple axle over under swap should give me some better clearance, although not sure about the steering. One thing I did notice, it has the motor mounted perpendicular to the rear axle. Is this better for torque or did they just do it for fun? I haven't had time to tear into it yet, trying to focus on the mercedes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (147.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (164.2 KB, 0 views)
DanEzgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Cushman Shuttle Cart?

Cool.

I believe that perpendicular setup is actually worse than the straight setup that all newer carts use. I'm not sure why, I'm just assuming that because nobody uses it anymore. EZGO used that setup in their early carts I believe then got away from it.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:17 AM   #3
DanEzgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I managed to get the cushman tear down started. Even though the mercedes is not finished, I could not wait any longer. It had some dirt, well a lot of dirt. I found out from some markings that it is a '92. The controller must have been replaced at some point though. It has a 400 amp curtis controller in it. It has a GE motor marked for 36-48 volt. I guess something to consider is switching to a 48 volt controller. I have no true plan for this cart other than to get it back running to stock configuration. I think it would be nice to get slightly larger tires on it, but the rim bolt pattern is not standard 4x4. I know they make adapters, but then its getting kinda pricey.

I got the body removed, frame cleaned up and some of it painted, and all the other pieces removed. I need to look at the hydraulic brakes, as they dont work. It probably just needs to be flushed out, and maybe rebuild the master cylinder.

I know people probably think I am crazy for rebuilding one of these style carts, but I like rare carts. If you have one, speak up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1721.jpg (204.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1722.jpg (216.0 KB, 0 views)
DanEzgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:36 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Cool find. I have a 02 Ezgo 952 that is similar, I love the turning radius. Mine has 500a 48v and D&D torque motor. We use it to shuttle shipping and receiving. I found mine gutted and out in a cow pasture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4607.JPG (940.2 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cushman
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts