lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #31
th3joker
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

I tried an older Pc with a serial port, the system freezes while trying to connect and unfreezes when I disconnect the cable.

Switching the wires (tx-rx) gives a continous beep and also fails to connect.
th3joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #32
th3joker
Not Yet Wild

Apparently I need some kind of 1309 Interface Box or CAN/RS232 between the controller and the PC.

Anyone know what they are or if it's possible to make one easily.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #33
paul-home
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterezgokid View Post
Well i just finsihed trying out the pinout.. and its a no go.. well kinda........i crossed the tx and Rx connections like i mentioned before. and i did get some type of reaction from the controller. It was giving me some sequential beeps (and i could hear a realy click inside the controller (not the main contactor relay)), then the curtis software would say "error communicating with controller"....

I tried different serial speeds and settings in the pc control panel, but to no luck. However when i experimented with the different speeds, the controller would give a different beep. some times it was solid.. others it was like beep.. beep. beep....................................... beeeeeep.

Anyone else have luck with it.. .... Or did anyone who used the TTL adaptor, try by switching the rx and tx wires around?

I have my ttl adaptor here, i just finished soldering up the new wire to it.. now i have to wait till tomorow to try her out!
I'm really sorry it didnt work this time! There must be something else we need to do. I dont think its TTL, I did try the adaptor both ways round.
Let me play with it here, I will report back.
paul-home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #34
paul-home
Not Yet Wild

I have to admit, I cannot make that configuration work either.
I am talking to someone who is hopefully going to lend me a cable for a couple of days, and if this works out, I will take detailed notes.

Paul
paul-home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #35
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Sounds great paul!

Yea ive tired everything both plain serial, and ttl, and nothin much other then some beeps.. Im trying to order the 1309, but my supplier cant seem to get them. I have yet to try curtis directly, but curtis customer service is terrible to begin with; from other past experiences with curtis controller issues.

Hopefully you can give us a leap on this wiring setup!
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #36
th3joker
Not Yet Wild

I bought a TTL adaptor and had the same, no joy at all.

If I where to get the vehicle up to the top speed as limited by the current setting on the Curtis controller could I bypass the controller at this point and simply connect the batteries directly to the motor via some kind of switch in a sort of turbo button kind of way. Basically bypassing the controller completely.

Would that blow everything to hell or would it work in some kind of way.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #37
th3joker
Not Yet Wild

Anyone had any luck with these stubborn things :-)
Old 09-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #38
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Same as before.. no go
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #39
billbobagns
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterezgokid View Post
Well i thought i would update, and bump this thread at the same time.

I did some more rummaging around and didnt find too much on the curtis 1309 interface box. If anyone here uses the 1314 interface software, i would go insane to get just a pic of that the inerface box looks like, and even more greatful to see what it looks like inside.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

So anyways, i thought i would rummage around on the net some more to find some more info on how i can hook up a curtis controller to the 1314 programming station software.

And i just happen to stumble across something..http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...stle_link.html
I am an avid RC'er and i thought i would just quickly check out what they use to program the AC controllers in electric planes and cars. This interface, i believe has the RxD, TxD, and ground connections required to connect to the curtis controller. and might use the proper interface (ie serial gateway) to allow the 1314 to connect to the controller..(not using the castle software).. I personaly dont own any AC RC stuff, and havent tried this interface experiment. but its just a thought for those who would be willing to try it out..
I'd kill to get a copy of the 1314 software. Email it to me. If I can make it run, I can probably build the interface box between USB and CAN.

Send it to Bill@billjohnson.net

I own a EV with a Curtis 1238 controler and would love to have a copy of 1413
billbobagns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #40
th3joker
Not Yet Wild

If you can get this working I'd love to know how :-)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts