lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
contender
Not Yet Wild

Default Golf carts 101!!!

I am looking at buying a 06' club car precedent and just have no clue on how much money I am looking at spending to get the cart like I want. The guy wants 2K for the cart with 4 month old batteries. I would like to put a lift kit on it (not sure which kind yet any suggestions would be greatful!), tires and rims, rear seat that will fold down and will I need to upgrade the controller? Like I said I know nothing about these carts and need any info y'all would be willing to share..... I am wanting to use this cart as a hunting vehicle and around my neighborhood. Also, what do I need to look for on this cart when I go check it out? What can go wrong with these carts? Like I said, I really know nothing about a golf cart and I think a lot of you guys can help me out!! Thanks in advanced!!! Greg
contender is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Golf carts 101!!!

Welcome

Check this out

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...et-26-mph.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:08 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I highly recommend the All-Sports lift kit for the Precedent... The 6" with 22 or 23" tires. Awesome setup. Rides and handles like a dream. No need for a motor or controller upgrade for normal driving conditions... you may want to do it eventually... but it's definitely not going to hurt anything to try it like it is and see if you like it... You can always upgrade later... but as far as lift kits go... That's the only option for me when it comes to Precedents.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:50 AM   #4
contender
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info David! Where can I get one of these lift kits and how much are they? Are the lift kits easy to put on? Do you recommend the precedent or the DS models? Thanks
Old 07-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by contender View Post
Thanks for the info David! Where can I get one of these lift kits and how much are they? Are the lift kits easy to put on? Do you recommend the precedent or the DS models? Thanks
I would call All-Sports and see who your nearest dealer is.... Look them up online. They've got a pretty sweet website with lots of cool pics...

I am a Precedent owner so I guess I'm a little biased, however the DS car has proven itself long ago and I have nothing bad to say about it other than the fact that the Precedent cars are MUCH easier to work on... Everything is so much more accessible.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:44 AM   #6
contender
Not Yet Wild

Anyone else have any suggestions before I make the purchase Tuesday!
Old 07-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I agree with the "Dawg". I have rebuilt 4 DS carts but do think the Precedent is easier to work on. Call two or three of our sponsors, they are all helpful. Tell them what you are going to use the cart for. Wait on any speed or power upgrades until you run for awhile. Most lift kits are bolt on but be sure and ask about wheel/tire clearance and any spring modification.
The cart sounds like a decent buy with 4month old batteries (unless it is a retired goilf course cart). What brand are the batteries?? This is an important question for any purchase. If they are Trojans check the date on them to make sure they are only 4 months old. Letter is the month number is the year. Or ask to see an invoice. I would pass up the cart at $2,000 if it has off brand batteries that are not designed for carts. You can get some good discounts for Lift/wheels & Tire kit packages. Good luck
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car