lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2015, 08:12 AM   #1
Ncfireman1918
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Broken stud on starter/generator brush holder

I'm working on a gas 1994 CC DS that my father-in-law gave me, if I wanted to fix it. It hasn't run in about 2 years, so I'm going through all the usual suspects (wiring, fuel lines, etc). I replaced the battery, and it was turning over freely, (no spark yet, still getting there - will replace the frayed ground strap before I look at the igniter, coil, and RPM limiter) until it just stopped turning over. I figured there was an issue in the starter, and know that the brushes have not been replaced in a long time. I pulled the starter, pulled the end cap, and found that whoever installed the last set of brushes only pushed one into the down position. Three were retracted up into the brush holder slots. So one brush was worn to nothing, and the others looked new. No problem there, I have a new set to install.

All of that was background to get me to this: when I removed the end cap, I realized that one of the studs on the brush holder assembly is broken. The copper strap that attaches the stud to the brush holder was twisted and broken. The rest of the brush holder looks pretty good, so I really don't want to replace it unless I have to. I've found a few online, and at a few parts sites with prices varying all over the place. Does anyone know if I can buy just the stud? It looks like it screws directly onto the brush holder. If I can just get a new stud/copper strap, then I'd be back in business. Thanks!

Chris
Ncfireman1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car