lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2015, 02:22 PM   #1
Eddy_bullpoo
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 Precedent Speed tips?

Hey guys. New here.

Just got my first 2013 Club Car Precedent. I was wondering what the best way to speed it up is. I have been looking around and most of that i see if for the older carts and none of the pics look the same as what I have.

Any help would be great.
Eddy_bullpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2015, 02:51 PM   #2
Eddy_bullpoo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2013 Precedent Speed tips?

Sorry I ment to mention that it goes about 16mph now. I tested it with a gps. I'd be happy if it went like 20. I"m not looking for anything crazy.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:20 PM   #3
Eddy_bullpoo
Not Yet Wild

Figured it out. I tried to put some zip ties in my spring, But it seems that my rubber cover is the spring... there was nothing in it. SO i just zip tied the governor all the way back. It does about 21mph now. that is exactly what i wanted
Old 05-29-2015, 08:22 PM   #4
Eddy_bullpoo
Not Yet Wild

if anyone is interested. I went back and took off the zip tie. I figured i don't need the extra speed when i'm going back and forth on my property. So what I did was: I tied a string to the end of the governor and then looped it user the cart and up the floor plate at the back. I took one of those draw stings closers and put it on the sting to hold it in place. NO if you let the string have some slack, it is normal. If you tighten the string it gets about 5mph more. This way I can leave it on normal and when I wana run to the mail box of the golf course which is a bit further away and I can speed it up a bit.

I will add some pics.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:24 PM   #5
Eddy_bullpoo
Not Yet Wild

I attached the string to the part circled in red and it is pulling it towards the back of the cart. It sent from 15.8mph to 20.3mph oh the gps.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car