lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2015, 10:04 PM   #1
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Anyone use Porcellato Engineering?

I am looking to get more power out of my xrt1200 with an FE350. I was going to hold out till I got some more cash scrounged up to buy a better UTV but that ain't going to happen any time soon. I thought about putting a clone in it but with the CW rotation and the cost I pretty much ruled that out. These guys can get 17hp out of an FE 350 for less than putting a clone in my buggy. They are horrible about getting back to you so I thought I would ask if anyone has used them before. I am not going to get them to do everything. I would just send them my head, carb, and cam to get worked on and get the cylinder worked on here. With the exchange rate their prices aren't so bad.
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2015, 11:31 AM   #2
Outlawsnemesis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Anyone use Porcellato Engineering?

Brad is slow to respond but I am happy with their work. Rebuilt an fe400 for my 07 Precedent. Claims to be 17.5hp I would agree. It runs much better than before. Tops out around 28mph with 23 inch tires. Will climb anything with wheel spin.
Outlawsnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:18 PM   #3
Outlawsnemesis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

p.s. Still using the stock electronic rev limiter (engine is a 2012) Brad wanted to remove it all together but since I mainly hill climb and trail ride could rarely use more revs. It does bounce of the limiter climbing a slightly slippery hill.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:22 PM   #4
Outlawsnemesis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Also planning on converting to the Mikuni carb setup he offers this winter. Will require a custom fuel tank for the Precedent. And I slightly larger carb for the 400. But the price of parts for the Mikuni round slide almost makes it a no brainier.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:28 PM   #5
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply. I assume you went with the stage two. I have an xrt so room isn't a problem. I talked with today and got a little more information. Did you have your counter balance removed?
I am trying to decide what I want to ship up there and what I don't. With the exchange rate its a pretty good deal but shipping is going to eat my lunch from Texas to B.C. He said removing the counter balance isn't always needed if its in good shape and you don't really wring it out, but it wouldn't cost much to get it removed and I would hate to have it let go one day but it will probably double my weight. He said he could modify the stock carb but a 22mm Mikuni really brings these things to life so I think I will go that route.
Do you know if the manifold he makes is for a flange mount carb? That is all I have been able to find in a 22mm. He gave me the name of someone with a throttle cable that is easy to modify but I didn't catch the name.
I had to clip my rev limiter a few months back because it was killing the engine any time it wanted to.
I am going to swing by a golf cart place with a pretty good bone yard with lots of fe350s and see if I can't work out a deal to get a core to rebuild. I use my buggy all the time to water my animals so I can't be without it for more than a couple of days.
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:10 AM   #6
Outlawsnemesis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Counter balncer is removed. It's I think what he calls stage 2. Wait time is very long on 400 parts so he had engine almost 3 months. The motor does vibrate a lot at slow speed. But it just adds to the fun.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:12 AM   #7
Outlawsnemesis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Brad claims to be able to get more power from the 350s the 400s have some limitations but stage 2 vs a 350 stage 2. I think the extra cubic inches helps a lot especially with the torque.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:17 AM   #8
Outlawsnemesis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

If you can get hold of brad he will explain what he needs. Mine shipped with carb intake and all shrouds removed as well as clutch.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:19 AM   #9
Outlawsnemesis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The Mikuni carb he uses runs a flange adaptor with the carb that's the hose clamp style. I haven't had any luck finding a Mikuni with flanges that match up to a Kawasaki
Old 07-31-2015, 09:23 AM   #10
Outlawsnemesis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Link for 22m Mikuni video it is flange mount my mistake but uses an adaptor.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car