lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2020, 06:57 PM   #1
PillCosby
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016 G29 Upgrade Help

Hello, 1st time poster and 1st time cart rider. The wife and I recently purchased a 2016 Yamaha G29. I have purchased and installed some upgrades, and I am looking at others. Please help out if you can.

Model - jw9-613200 - Yamaha G29 - 2016

-6" lift kit with 14" wheels and 19" tires. -

I regret not getting much larger tires, but I love the wheels. Can't I just purchase 23" or 25" tires and install them myself? How does one go about that?

-Lights - LEDGlow 12pc Million Color LED Golf Cart Underglow Accent Neon Lighting Kit with Wheel Well & Interior Lights for EZGO Yamaha Club Car - Fits Electric & Gas Golf Carts - Water Resistant
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would rather get a voltage reducer for these lights and the other accessories we plan to install. What would you recommend and what is the price? What would the price be of a separate battery and charger? What type of battery would you recommend?

-Motor and system-
-I am looking at the 4KW AC conversion kit by Navitas. $1,650.00 (4KW motor, controller and on-the-fly programmer) 2ga wires $250.00, HD solenoid $180.00 Free shipping = $2,080
https://plumquick.com/ac-conversion-kits/

-I am also looking at this PlumQuick Street Riot package.
Street Riot Motor - $725
Alltrax Controller - $625
HD solenoid $180.00
2ga wires $250.00
= $1780
https://plumquick.com/custom-built-m...t-riot-yamaha/

What are the advantages and disadvantages of either of these set ups? I would like to be able to change top speed and torque on the fly, but could the DC kit possibly go faster than the 35 mph the AC kit can do?

Any additional information would be helpful. We will be driving around our entire city with a population of 4,000 with this cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200928_182135.jpg (200.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200928_182204.jpg (197.5 KB, 0 views)
PillCosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha