lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2020, 01:11 PM   #1
bovaughan@bellsouth.net
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2019 Yahama 48V-DC fleet cart speed question

I am new here and have a question. I am looking at purchasing a 2019 48V-DC golf cart from a small Yahama dealer. Right now top speed is 13 mph and I need at least 19-20 mph. It is a stripped cart and I plan on adding rear seats, head lights, turn signals, seat belts, mirrors, etc., a street legal cart for use on flat roads. I don't want to lift or do anything else, just speed. The dealer says it is programed to do 17 mph., just does not. Any help you can give me is appreciated. Again thanks in advance. Bo
bovaughan@bellsouth.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2020, 03:33 PM   #2
bovaughan@bellsouth.net
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2019 Yahama 48V-DC fleet cart speed question

Sorry Yamaha, my bad
bovaughan@bellsouth.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:41 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have a 2016 drive that I put an Alltrax xct300 in with the stock motor. Took it to low 20s. Hitachi motor bit the dust this summer and have replaced it with a D&D. Did not check the speed after but close. Cart is not lifted but does have the rear seat. Cart is mostly used by my mother and sister so wasn’t looking for much more plus got a deal on the 300. If I had bought new I would have gotten the 400 plus solenoid..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:31 PM   #4
limaynard
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

My 2015 was running max of 21kph (13 mph).
I changed out the wheels for 14 inch running 205/30 14 tyres which are probably the biggest you can go to without a lift. This added about 20% and took it to around 25kph (15mph).

I replaced the controller with the Navitas 440 and it hit 40kph (25mph) and I have it set at 35kph (22mph).

I made no other mods but I am in the process of fitting a 400A solenoid and I think I'll do the motor at some point.
limaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha