lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2021, 07:17 PM   #1
bmoore0778
Not Yet Wild

Default full throttle as soon as pedal pressed lighly even without I.T.S hooked up

I just purchased a G8. Motor had broken brush I replaced and motor seems good not but as soon as pedal is pressed cart goes full throttle! I unplug I.T.S and same thing. As soon as the solenoid is energized motor gets full power. Can anyone help?
bmoore0778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2021, 08:49 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: full throttle as soon as pedal pressed lighly even without I.T.S hooked up

Not familiar with that particular cart. Do you know its history?

Any chance this cart was flooded?

to BGW!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:09 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: full throttle as soon as pedal pressed lighly even without I.T.S hooked up

ITS is an ezgo part. G8 motor controller wires are directly connected inside the controller, so mis-wiring is unlikely, all this points to a failed controller.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 05:46 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
ITS is an ezgo part. G8 motor controller wires are directly connected inside the controller, so mis-wiring is unlikely, all this points to a failed controller.
And that's exactly where I was going. Was just curious about flooding because of the motor and this. I have had a wet controller do this.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:50 PM   #5
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

I too had a Wide Open Throttle (WOT) event on my cart when a very small amount of water leaked into the controller when “lightly” washing the controller area of my cart. Many older controllers are NOT waterproof and even the smallest amount of water can play havoc with the electronics in a controller.

Disconnect and check that you are getting the correct throttle response for your cart.

If the throttle response is correct, then it could be a controller issue ... possibly caused by water entering the controller.

I was able to salvage my controller by taking the end cap off of it and evaporating the moisture out of it. I think that was about 3 years ago and it is still working fine. Other BGW members have not been as fortunate.

If you don’t know the history of this cart, after checking the throttle response successfully, I would suggest disconnecting the controller and give it a shake test to see if any water is sloshing around in it. Maybe even drill a few drain holes 🕳 to check for water.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 08:14 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
I too had a Wide Open Throttle (WOT) event on my cart when a very small amount of water leaked into the controller when “lightly” washing the controller area of my cart. Many older controllers are NOT waterproof and even the smallest amount of water can play havoc with the electronics in a controller.

Disconnect and check that you are getting the correct throttle response for your cart.

If the throttle response is correct, then it could be a controller issue ... possibly caused by water entering the controller.

I was able to salvage my controller by taking the end cap off of it and evaporating the moisture out of it. I think that was about 3 years ago and it is still working fine. Other BGW members have not been as fortunate.

If you don’t know the history of this cart, after checking the throttle response successfully, I would suggest disconnecting the controller and give it a shake test to see if any water is sloshing around in it. Maybe even drill a few drain holes 🕳 to check for water.
And this is exactly what happened to me. 36v EZ GO with the PB6 style throttle. It would jump to WOT as soon as the solenoid clicked. After determining the throttle was correct, I gently dismantled the controller with a sledgehammer. (I did not want anybody getting hurt with this thing) I found perhaps a drop or 2 of water and a lot of condensation. Replaced controller and still running perfectly.

Tags
instant full throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha