lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
bisquit476
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1981 G1 carb info

I just picked up my 1st cart, and need a little help on setting up the carb. Does anyone have the service manual reference for setting up the float, needle valve's, etc. Thanks in advance for any help. Haven't worked on 2 cycle stuff in 17 years, and wow I CRS about them.
bisquit476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
FASTANDSTUPID
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1981 G1 carb info

Are you starting with a new carb, or do you have the original?
FASTANDSTUPID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:56 AM   #3
bisquit476
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

As far as I know it's the original, but I removed it, took it apart, made sure all the passageways were clear, the jets look fine, and put it back together. The float was set to be all the way up before the bowl valve shut off, which if I remember correctly is too high, so I repositioned it to be about level when it shut off the fuel supply. Reinstalled the carb, got the cart running, but it has a hard time accelerating from idle. Tried adjusting the low speed jet, but no help. By using the choke and playing with the throttle I got the cart to rev up, but when I reduced the throttle to idle, fuel started coming out of the vent tube. The float is still set too high? But then I was looking at other posts in this section and saw the post about the exhaust bbq, and am now wondering if I need to cook that before working on the carb anymore.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
lobo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think your neddle valve is bad ,I would replace it with a new one and adust your float and try again.As far as BBQing the muffler you can't hurt anything.Good luck!
lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
bisquit476
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Actually that is new, it was missing when I got the cart. So when I ordered the filters, I got one of those also. One thing I didn't do though was look real close at the seat for the valve, do you think with the needle valve vibrating out that maybe the seat is screwed up. Do you think I should just get a new carb and quit screwing around? Thanks for your input, Bill.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #6
bisquit476
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, since the manual hasn't arrived yet, I called a local repair guy to look at the cart, he did the usual checks, and seems to think it's the reed valves. Has anyone else had those go bad? Can they go bad?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #7
FASTANDSTUPID
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Yes reed valves can and do go bad. If you pull your assy out and hold it up to the light you should not be able through the edges where the reeds lay down on the housing. Also if there is any obvious damage to the reeds they will need to be replaced.
The reeds keep the gasses in the combustion chamber from blowing back out of the carb.
FASTANDSTUPID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #8
bisquit476
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the quick reply, we should know by tomorrow, he ordered a set in and they'll be replaced. Hopefully that's what it is, and I can go ye-haa. Thanks guys.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #9
hatchdaddy
Not Yet Wild

bisquit, did the reed valves solve the problem? I am having an issue with motor reving just fine while parked and jacked up but once i put it on the ground and start riding it starts to spit and spudder and not open up. Just curious. thanks
hatchdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha