lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
sirboozin
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 89 eazy go overheating

after i ride my buggi for about 10 min i can feel my seat getting hot take the seat off and my exause it steaming and the engine block is pretty hot to. one day after rideing i too of the seat and just happened to look at the bottom side of my seat and the wood caught on fire and the foam was smoldering. just wounding how i could keep my engine cool and if anybody would recomend a certain kind of exaust to keep it cool.
sirboozin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 eazy go overheating

You may have a clogged muffler. Loosen the exhaust so you have an obvious leak and take the cart for a ride. It may not sound good and may backfire, etc. But the key is, do you have more power? I just did it with mine and there was a big difference. So, I knew I needed a new muffler. You will read all over this forum that people who know what they are talking about tell you to run stock exhaust because the motor needs the back pressure. Any "free-flow" exhaust is, as a wise man here puts it "mental horsepower." I ordered my new stock muffler from Mike's Motor Toys, he had the best price anywhere.
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
sirboozin
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

alright sounds good i will have to try that out tm.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
sirboozin
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

well i took the muffler off and shook it and there was a bung of junk rattleing around in there. and started it up moved a foot and smoke came pouring out under the seat. didnt have a good enough ground were one of the wires connected to the mufler and shorted out my 12v sylonald or how ever u spell it
Old 05-06-2010, 08:54 AM   #5
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have almost zero knowledge of how an 89 is put together but...how many wires connect to your muffler?

It sounds like a joke, something I would tell my wife was wrong with the cart so I could spend a few bucks on it.

"Oh honey, it will cost a few hundred dollars to replace the flux capacitor. And maybe even more if I need to rewire the muffler and replace the radiator bearings."
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
sirboozin
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

just one ground wire. i got a new solenoid for 28 bucks and its runnin fine.

"Oh honey, it will cost a few hundred dollars to replace the flux capacitor. And maybe even more if I need to rewire the muffler and replace the radiator bearings."

haha thats a good one.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #7
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

The muffler bearings cost more!

What is the oil/gas mix ratio that you use? If it is too lean it will cause the engine to run hot. The oil reduces friction and thus reduces heat.
Also ensure that your cooling fan is free of debris and that the fins on the cylinder are also clear.
mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #8
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i think mb hit the nail on the head! compressed air on the fins and flywheel cover. and run the mix a little rich if it has been run lean, spark plugs are cheap, engines are not
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
over heating
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO