lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
gj2308
Not Yet Wild

Default 88' Marathon, what should I do?

I have an 88 Marathon that I stretched a few years ago. Here is the post with the pictures: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...n-stretch.html

The cart has the original resistor coils in it. These are constantly overheating unless you run it wide open, and are on a relatively flat surface. You can not half-throttle it very long or pull a 5'x10' trailer very far without them glowing. Also, it has no power in the steep hills. I have been thinking about changing it over to a gas cart, however, if I do I will need to modify the frame, get an engine, rear end, fuel cell, etc. The second option is an upgrade of the current electronics.

We use the cart for shotgun shooting sports, at the deer lease (Texas hill country), and around the subdivision. We do not need a race cart. I love the fact that electric is quiet, however, having to wait on it to charge is a pain, along with replacing batteries every several years is costly. I like the fact that the gas engine has the power to go up hills better as long as you keep gas in the tank.

I could sell the cart and start over with a newer gas or electric cart. However, this was a project that my boys and I did in our garage and it has some sentamental value to it. If it were you, what would you do?

Gary
gj2308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO