lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
cdail28590
Not Yet Wild

Default Primary clutch bolt torque

I just rebuilt my G2 motor and I put the sheave and primary clutch back in but I couldn't find the torque specs on the bolt. I tightened it down and put the motor back in the cart but the drive belt won't go back on. I think I may have tightened the bolt to tight and the sheaves are to close for the belt to go all the way down. Does anybody know what torque this bolt should be torqued to or is there a measurement for the gap between the sheaves that you are supposed to tighten it to? The belt is a new belt from a tune up kit I bought and it looks to be about 1/2" shorter than my old belt. I haven't tried the old belt out to see if it will go on but I don't think it will.
cdail28590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Primary clutch bolt torque

Tightening the retainer bolt should have no effect on the
belt width, unless you have stacked some washers of the wrong size.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
cdail28590
Not Yet Wild

I didn't add any washers. I put it back together the way it came apart. I used a impact to put it back together and I didn't know if it was to tight.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I've always used an impact on my drive clutches. Only way I could get them good and tight. If your belt is shorter than the factory one, you probably won't be able to get it on without removing the clutch and installing it. Was the kit you got a torque kit? I got a belt one time that was shorter so I would have more torque and I actually had to remove the clutch to install it. Didn't like the belt either. Virtually no top end.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
cdail28590
Not Yet Wild

No the belt came in a regular tune up kit I got off of ebay. It consisted of the drive belt, starter belt, plug, air and fuel filters. I thought I might have to take the clutch back off or unbolt the motor and manuever it.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It should fit, put in primary then shove it down into the top of the secondary force it apart. Unless its the wrong belt. Lock the brakes in gear with a stock spring you can turn the inside of the secondary and it comes apart. It should touch inside or nearly so.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #7
cdail28590
Not Yet Wild

I got home tonight and took the clutch back off. Apparently, I somehow put it in with it open all the way, once I played with the clutch I was able to get it to close and reinstalled it. The belt fits fine now. I also found that the torque spec on the clutch bolt is 54 ft/lbs.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha