lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #11
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 vs G9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGrayson84 View Post
Sounds like a pretty simple task. I'll have to weigh out the options I guess, but the 12MPH top-speed of the G2 (per Yamaha) doesn't sound too exciting :)
Never owned one that didn't do around 25mph: with lift and torque kit.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #12
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

My G9 on the pavement would hit 28-29 mph. I will have an extra ignition system as soon as sell my other G9s motor.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #13
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1-G9 View Post
My G9 on the pavement would hit 28-29 mph. I will have an extra ignition system as soon as sell my other G9s motor.
I thought you said yours were slow. LOL!!! That's pretty fast.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #14
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

All of mine do that or more. The only one that i have that go's slow is the stock one that im trying to sell the motor out of. It might be better off to disassemble the engine and sell it that way.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #15
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Oh wow, I didn't think these things were capable of that kind of top-speed in pretty much stock form.

What is the bottom-end power like with 22" or so tires? Will it get up dirt hills pretty easily? Or do you need a bit of speed/momentum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1-G9 View Post
Out of curiousity, around how much would you be looking to sell the extra ignition system? Kind of curious as to how much I might pay for something like that.
AGrayson84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #16
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Ive sold them in the past for $50. I would send you the plug in for it also because i would just be cutting it off the wiring harness anyway. I run 22s on the carts and to get up the hills with a stock motor and that size tire you might need to get a secondary spring kit. I hook my throttle cable direct to my carb also to get more rpms.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #17
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Wow that's not a bad price, I'll be all over that if I end up getting this G2 with the G2 motor. I can definitely tackles changing out the spring in the secondary. The throttle cable isn't something I've look to much into yet. Makes sense to run the cable to the carb directly though because I played with the linkage at the differential and there's not much movement. Why does the cable run to the differential anyway?? Does it have anything to do with the differential, or is that just where they chose to mount the throttle linkage?

I looked at the build of the car in your avatar... very nice job man. You really took your time and it shows... looks great!
Old 04-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #18
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

G1-G9 sets them up like I do. Run the throttle cable directly from pedal to carb. I have never found a hill I couldn't climb with a spring/spacer torque kit installed and 22's. The kit is around $50 and well worth it. A must if lifted with larger tires in my opinion.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #19
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
G1-G9 sets them up like I do. Run the throttle cable directly from pedal to carb. I have never found a hill I couldn't climb with a spring/spacer torque kit installed and 22's. The kit is around $50 and well worth it. A must if lifted with larger tires in my opinion.
I believe you... I'll be very willing to pay $50 for this magical spring. I just got done reading reviews on it and everyone praises the results.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #20
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

The spring kit is one of the best upgrades for the money you can do.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha