lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
acg274
Not Yet Wild

Default belt to high in secondary after power Kit

I just put a plowman's performance kit in a G16. The top of the belt now sits above the top edge of the secondary. Is this ok. I tried a search without luck. The cart seams fine with I do not want any problems when I take it out in the hills and see if there is anywhere in can not go. I will also call Don on Monday and see what he thinks. Also I want to say thank to Spriddle for the sticky on torque kit instruction it helped a lot. Carl
acg274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
Mrrogers24
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: belt to high in secondary after power Kit

I believe if you got the machined sheave it will sit higher on the driven clutch to give it a lower gear ratio. How is it doing on hills?
Mrrogers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
CajunLoneWolf
The Pro in procrastinate!

Yamaha

With my machined sheave on the secondary and the Heavy duty belt mine does the same thing. It has not popped off yet so I think that is normal
CajunLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrogers24 View Post
I believe if you got the machined sheave it will sit higher on the driven clutch to give it a lower gear ratio. How is it doing on hills?
Right on, its an old snowmobile trick to get a better launch.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
acg274
Not Yet Wild

I though that might be the case. As for the hills hoping to get out today but may have to be Monday. I did the jets and air box one night and the clutch the next. I could see the difference after each. The cart had to work to get up the ramps to my truck now it just walks up with no effort. I know it will do great in the hills. Thanks for the responses Carl
Old 04-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
acg274
Not Yet Wild

I did get a chance to get my cart out. Wow what a change plenty of low end it just goes up any hill you put in front of it, but that is not the best part. After changing the jets, altering the air box, adding a high flow air filter and putting a torque kit on the cart just worked. In my experience when you make that many changes something has to go wrong but it all worked. If anyone is looking to add torque I would recommend Plowman's power kit and Spriddle's Yamaha Torque Kit Installation.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Plowmans makes good kits, some of the cheap ones are not quite right and people have issues. I really like the cut sheave the belt sits almost half way out of the secondary. It has a lower gear when you take off. It works great with a clone too, the stock clutch spins up faster with it. I actually held the brakes for a couple seconds on a dead start and did a donut with 22s in a gravel drive, and the brakes on that cart barely worked. I don't think it would have with no cut sheave, or would have had to hold the brakes (if they worked better) for a bit. It gets high rpm faster with the cut sheave on holeshot for sure. That would not be an issue with an aftermarket clutch. I also ran up a steep ditch and it will launch the front over the top, I think the lower gear really helps it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha