lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
Hickman
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 Bucking Bull

My g16 started acting up yesterday. Gas with brand new battery and rebuilt starter. Before yesterday it ran perfect now when you push on pedal it surges and bucks and usually wont start but, it will start in reverse but runs rough. If it does go forward it is at full throttle only and isn't as fast as it should be. Where do I start? Acts like it isn't getting the fuel it needs but that doesn't explain why it will run in reverse. Any help is greatly appreciated, we use it daily on the farm for chores.
Hickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
snopro1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Bucking Bull

How does engine run in neutural? Make sure air, fuel filter, and fuel pump screen are clean. Forward or reverse shouldn't make a difference in how the engine the runs. If engine runs fine in neutural that it's cluthches, belts and gears next. If it doesn't run fine explain the symtoms again and we'll figure it out.
snopro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
Hickman
Not Yet Wild

It will run in neutral but you can tell it is not smooth.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #4
snopro1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

What are symtoms now? Will it run with choke pulled out? Will it accelerate smoothly? When warmed up will it run at 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, and idle? Air? Fuel? Spark? Air first. Remove air cleaner top and filters. Run in neutral. Symtoms? Fuel next. Remove all lines from fuel pump and blow (by mouth) through them. What shape are the lines in? replace if craked or hard. Reinstall try and run again. No go? Pull off aircleaner box. Use compressed air to clean carb body. Cover carb mouth with your hand when you blowing it clean. Make sure vent hose on carb is clear of dirt. Try and run again. Let us know what happens at this point. The fireworks have finnaly puttered out so I might be able to get some sleep. S'later
snopro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
Hickman
Not Yet Wild

After looking into it further it would appear that the clutch is not disengaging.The belt has tension on it when it is off. Does this mean I need a new clutch or where do I go from here.I just greased it a month ago.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

G16 style primary clutchs can get flat spots in the rollers and the weight can get past the roller flat spot and keep the clutch engaged. Take the clutch cap off and check the rollers.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
Hickman
Not Yet Wild

OK,got a chance to pull cover off of the.clutch and it released it. Clutch moves freely without the.cover on and cart runs smoother than it has since I got it. ? Is where do I go from here? Does it need rebuilt,replaced? Thanks for all the help.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #8
Hickman
Not Yet Wild

I have used it without the cover for a week or so and it runs perfect. Problem is the clutch is getting dust in it. I need to put cover back on but would like to fix it first. Do I need to rebuild it or what should I replace?
Old 07-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #9
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Did you do like smallblock suggested and check the rollers for flat spots ??
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha