lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
duck killer
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Drive Belt

Hey guys, I'm new to the site, I hope I post this question in the right place. I tried searching before I asked but could not find the answer. Anyway is there a kevlar or "better than stock" drive belt for a G1? I have one lifted with 22" tires and get a lot of belt slippage going up hills and under any load. The belt looks good and measures 1 3/16 which I think is full width. Also any ideas on other ways to help with slippage and more torque would be appreciated. I care nothing about top end, I just want good low end pulling power. Thanks.
duck killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2012, 06:38 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Drive Belt

I had the same problem. I solved it with a new performance rear clutch kit. It will have machined sheave faces that improve the angle for more torque and also a new spring and belt. Check the clutch shoes and replace those if they are worn. They are the little white plastic buttons on the rear clutch helix, there should be 6 of them. I did this and it was a vast improvement. I even towed my jeep across the yard with my cart, no problems, except maybe traction.

Also clean the sheaves on the primary clutch with emory cloth or scotchbrite pads. This will remove grease, oil, mud, rust, etc.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
duck killer
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it! Where did you buy your clutch kit? I have searched and cannot find one that comes with all that that says it will fit a G1, they all say G2 and up.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin

Yamaha

Here's a link to one from one of the site sponsors.

http://www.golfcartking.com/power-ki...122-p-229.html
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Here's the kit I got from Plowman's, but I see that the G1 isn't listed in the heading, but if you read the description it says G1 is available. I would def call them and verify.

http://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts.c...1331322462&v=2

I am very happy with the clutch kit. It really makes towing, accelerating, and driving uphill much easier.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
duck killer
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the links guys, I will call Plowmans and see what they have for the G1. I would like to have that whole kit if they make it for mine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha