lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: bogging 86 yamaha

I agree, you need to check the engine/intake/filter, etc first. Let's make sure it's all there and intact and in good condition.

I bought a golf cart and the owner said the engine was bad. I took it home, removed the air box lid.....guess what I found? Let's just say it was someone's little dirty home/litter box. I removed the mess, cleaned it up, new filter, gas, and plug.....VROOOM!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #12
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: bogging 86 yamaha

You are likely going to get answers to your question that are all over the place. This is mainly due to the vagueness of your question. "It boggs sometimes" really isn't enough of a description to get an accurate answer.

You need to check the basics. Plug. Fuel. Compression. Spark. If you have these three, it should run. If it runs but runs poorly, give it a tune up. If it runs but doesn't have power, check compression. If it runs good but doesn't go anywhere, check belt and clutches.

You will likely have to do a little reading here to familiarize yourself with the cart you have. Then you will be able to get it going. Once you do some checking, get back to us with specifics....Good luck!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha