lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2013, 06:00 AM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Kf82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89GatorClub View Post
Do you have a spare ignitor and coil?
Check this out. $80 is a good price for a brand-new coil. I sold a used one last year for $75. You could get this one for a total investment of less than $100. Almost makes me wish I needed a coil:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...coil-kf82.html
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #12
Mack
Not Yet Wild

I have an extra kf82 motor with carb.... no idea what its worth. I was told it came from a running cart, dude swapped it out with a honda motor.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:04 AM   #13
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
I have an extra kf82 motor with carb.... no idea what its worth. I was told it came from a running cart, dude swapped it out with a honda motor.
where are you located?
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #14
Mack
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89GatorClub View Post
where are you located?
Williamsburg, VA
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #15
Gonzo1977
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Here's a pic of my cam that broke. You can't see the broken part but the broken one is the one on the left. Mine didn't break because of the rivets but I've seen and heard of others who have. The replacement cam I used is the one on the right, and it has the stock rivets replaced with bolts.

My cam broke because the connecting rod let go from the crank and smacked it:
can you share the bolt length you used? i am getting ready to replace the cam gear and want to do it this way. thanks
Gonzo1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #16
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo1977 View Post
can you share the bolt length you used? i am getting ready to replace the cam gear and want to do it this way. thanks
That camshaft with the bolted gear came out of a parts motor like that. The bolts were hex head with nylock nuts. I would just get the shortest bolts you can and still have enough for the nylon on the nuts to grab. And use red loctite for good measure. Once you put the assembly together you can turn the motor by hand to make sure the bolts don't hit the wall or the crankshaft before you bolt the side cover back on.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #17
robn05
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

i was going to add to that and also say that u might even have to grind the nuts down to clear. mine looked like springbok's and hit case. ended up loseing the nylock part to clear so used red locktite and peining bolt centers.
robn05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:40 AM   #18
spotsky
Not Yet Wild

Just finished a cam gear repair using this bolt on method. Per the experience I would say best bet for bolts are #10-32 button head, stainless or grade 8. For lock nuts I like the compressed thread type and some red loctite. We used a 3/16 drill bit through the gear and if needed, a 13/64 drill through the mounting plate on the cam shaft. Use a bolt length of 1" or more, then snip off the excess after the nuts are installed. Low profile button head is important or interference with the counter weight on the crank will occur.

All the cam rivets were missing and the sheet metal plate ran all through the crank case of this engine causing a lot of damage. This repair remains in question but there's nothing to lose, so the engine is going back in the cart as-is.

Many thanks to Springbok and buggiesgonewild for all of the posts and photos on the kf82 engine.
spotsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:59 AM   #19
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Nice. Let us know if it works out.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:12 PM   #20
mjwillie
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

If you still have that engine I sure would be interested
mjwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car