lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
vol-fisher
Not Yet Wild

Default Problem with a Textron 26984

Plugged up cart today and after about 2 minutes the charger made a pop sound and smoke was pouring out. After taking apart here is what I found.

What is that that burned up and where can I get another? Everything else seems to be fine. Any idea what caused it to go bad? Thanks guys for any help you can give. Gotta get this fixed before I leave for vacation.
vol-fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2009, 08:27 AM   #2
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: Problem with a Textron 26984

good you were there to keep anything from catching on fire. On the brighter side, I have a 36volt powerwise charger for an ezgo that I'd sell. Works/looks great for $225 shipped. I went to 48volt and have no need for it now.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #3
vol-fisher
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
good you were there to keep anything from catching on fire. On the brighter side, I have a 36volt powerwise charger for an ezgo that I'd sell. Works/looks great for $225 shipped. I went to 48volt and have no need for it now.
Are you saying this one cant be fixed? How about posting a picture of the one you have for sale. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
rusty1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

check the fuse down at the bottom if it is good your charger will run take the peice that burnt up and throw it away if the fuse is bad replace it with the same type should be good to go i have seen a couple if these diodes burn up usually caused from low voltage coming fron the 110 source check that hope all goes well
rusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #5
vol-fisher
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty1 View Post
check the fuse down at the bottom if it is good your charger will run take the peice that burnt up and throw it away if the fuse is bad replace it with the same type should be good to go i have seen a couple if these diodes burn up usually caused from low voltage coming fron the 110 source check that hope all goes well
Any idea where to get the fuse if it is blown? Any idea what caused this, I dont want it to happen again. Dont think I will leave it plugged up unattended anymore. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
rusty1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

any local cart dealer should have one like i sais from my experiance low voltage on the 110 side is what caused it or i did have one that the solinoid was stuck open and it caused one to blow
Old 03-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #7
vol-fisher
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty1 View Post
any local cart dealer should have one like i sais from my experiance low voltage on the 110 side is what caused it or i did have one that the solinoid was stuck open and it caused one to blow
I found them at Home Depot for 2 for $2.37. Put in a new one and it came back to life. This is without the diod or whatever that thing is called that burned up. What is the purpose of that thing and will it hurt to not have it in there. Thanks guy for all your help and I am enjoying seeing all the you can do to these things. Just have to wait and see what our work is going to do before I sink a bunch of money into it.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
rusty1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

glad to see you got it fixed not exactly sure what those things are for except tp make pretty smoke when they burn up also make sure the new fuse is the same as the old one sams voltage and amps
Old 03-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #9
vol-fisher
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, it was a direct match. Lowes showed it on the website but not in store. So luckily HD had it in stock. Thanks again!

PS I dont think I will trust the charger to be alone anymore while plugged up.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #10
rusty1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

it will be ok the worst it will do is blow a fuse or trip a breaker
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO