lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
digdug
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default My '92 has got a lean

I recently installed a 4" lift on my cart. However prior to installing it I did notice that my cart seems to lean a good 1" - 1 1/2" on the driver side front, the back seems ok. When a person in the neighborhood of 225 lbs gets in it, with no passenger, it almost looks like it's going to fall over to one side. When that person gets out it never returns to level. But as I mentioned it just seems to be on the drivers side, front.

Now I know not to expect the suspension to act as stout as that in a truck, or should that be my expectation? It seems to lean more than what should be normal.

Has anyone had this problem? It seems new shocks might be the answer or would it be reasonable to expect the springs to be doing this aspect of the suspension?

I'd like to get this fixed asap as my body work is about done and it's ready for paint. When I get it back I'd like to get the accessories all complete and not have to worry about this lean issue.

Thanks everyone~
~dig
digdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My '92 has got a lean

Change the spring on drivers side, shocks only act as dampers for up and down motion not lift unless you have air or spring shocks.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
digdug
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks ...

Do you think it would be wise to swap out all the shocks since the cart is a '92? I'm not sure of the life on the shocks but perhaps that would help with the additional 2-3" of sag I get when only one person is in the cart.

~dig
digdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
Change the spring on drivers side, shocks only act as dampers for up and down motion not lift unless you have air or spring shocks.
If the shocks are not leaking and still work I would not spend the money. They do not carry any load, they slow things down to prevent jolts (shocks) and rebound.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:10 AM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes it might help to replace the shocks if they are original ones, that will extend the life of your springs by dampening the up and down motion. Most golf carts sag to the drivers side shortly after manufacture because the springs are border lined at best. Many people install Heavy Duty springs and hate them and take part of the leafs out to soffen the ride. The shocks will NOT help in the sag department though sorry?
I weigh 275 lbs and on my Club Car I only press it down about 2" in front and with my 155 lb wife on other side its almost level.
If the driver was always a heavy person you might look into a heavier spring on drivers side ONLY? Or better yet see if you can get an ( ADDITIONAL LEAF ) and add it to drivers side. Look out because at the age of your cart one spring will make the cart look tilted the other way until it breaks in.
Hope this will be of some help.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO