lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2020, 08:05 AM   #21
ParisKy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 rxv ...... Slipping belt

Hey Rutro, I have a Sail boat at the city marina in your city, and visit a couple of times a year. Very nice town.
ParisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2020, 10:29 AM   #22
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutro View Post
Hey 09MPT1200guy I appreciate it. I had the local shop order a spring and ramp buttons, should be here Friday. Let me see how it works out. I may take ya up on that.... Does the input shaft on your transaxle have splines or is it smooth? This one is smooth, surprised me when it came off. I expected splines. The guys at the shop said it's the newer style. This cart came from a south TX golf course on the coast. The rust worm pitted the spring so first chance it got it broke. Everything considered I was surprised at what good shape the rest of the running gear is in. About all it gets used for is daily trips around our little community.
I know the older ezgo's were splined but I've never owned a RXV. They must have switched to a kawasaki trans with a smooth keyed shaft on those like the club cars. The club cars tend to stick on there too if they've been on a while. Sounds like you got it figured out though.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:36 PM   #23
09MPT1200guy
Getting Wild
Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutro View Post
Hey 09MPT1200guy I appreciate it. I had the local shop order a spring and ramp buttons, should be here Friday. Let me see how it works out. I may take ya up on that.... Does the input shaft on your transaxle have splines or is it smooth? This one is smooth, surprised me when it came off. I expected splines. The guys at the shop said it's the newer style. This cart came from a south TX golf course on the coast. The rust worm pitted the spring so first chance it got it broke. Everything considered I was surprised at what good shape the rest of the running gear is in. About all it gets used for is daily trips around our little community.
I checked my storage for the clutch. It seems like one of my coworkers got rid of the box that contained those clutches, sorry. I didn't personally remove it at the time, so not sure about the splines/smooth shaft. We have a large E-Z-GO dealer here onsite that did the install for me.
09MPT1200guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:00 PM   #24
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

It's all good. Got the spring and ramp buttons yesterday. Had to southern engineer a spring compressor but no biggie. Cart has never run so smooth or as quite, like a new buggy!!! Back to cruising @ 20mph ….
Hey ParisKy I wish we were still in Port A, had to move to NE TX a few years back. I wish I could get on that beach right now and breath some of that salt air..... That heals all.
rutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO