lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2020, 09:23 PM   #1
erica2009
Not Yet Wild

Default g1 Yamaha gas golf cart help

I jumped my g1 series yamaha gas golf cart, put key in forward pushed peddle it acted like it wanted to go so my friend pushed it and it went I drive it around for about 10 mins and parked it tried to start it again and nothing happened tried it in reverse it went then I turned it off and it wouldnt go forward or backwards just made clicking noise. does anyone know what it could be just put new solenoids on.
erica2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2020, 10:22 PM   #2
jwgoad
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: g1 Yamaha gas golf cart help

Mine did that with a low battery
jwgoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:31 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

First thing is to make sure your battery is good. Disconnect the battery and hook up your charger then load test it. If you don't have the tools/equipment to charge and test, take the battery to your local Autozone and they can do it for you at no cost.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:21 AM   #4
erica2009
Not Yet Wild

ok I'm gona go have the battery tested, Thanks for that info.
Old 10-08-2020, 04:33 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Come back to this thread and let us know how it worked out.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:04 AM   #6
erica2009
Not Yet Wild

A buddy came over tested the battery said it was dead, he then got on it turned on the lights they came on then turned key into on position and he went forward and backward in the golf cart amd drove it around the yard.....but how if battery read dead...and when you stop it still stays started for a few mins.and now wont do anything but click noise..at this point we have no idea and we are calling the cart Christine...it has a mind of its own lol....we still looking to what's going on. so any more suggestions are appreciated.
Old 10-09-2020, 12:03 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Was the battery load tested? You have to charge up a battery out of the vehicle preferably overnight with a trickle charger, 1-2 amps. Then load test the battery. A fully charged battery should read 12.5 volt dc at rest, and under a 5 second load should drop no farther than 10.5 volts dc under that load. The battery should recover to 12.5 volts dc at rest again.

A "dead" battery doesn't say what condition the battery is in. To me, a dead battery means it has no charge, meaning zero volts dc. If the volts are zero (0) then the cart would not have done anything, no lights nothing.

A "defective" battery can still have enough volts to operate momentarily, but will fail when a load is placed on it.
Old 10-09-2020, 03:38 PM   #8
erica2009
Not Yet Wild

not sure I'm gona go ahead and take it and have it tested at auto zone like you suggested... hoping just a battery thats an easy cheaper fix if so. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha