lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
wareagle1
Not Yet Wild

Default 90 club car battery draw

I have a 90 model that I drove one day maybe 5 min. Parked the cart and left the key on with the brake set. Next day went out to drive and cart would not move. I checked the batteries and all were less than 1 volt. Tried to recharge and batteries would not hold charge. Exchanged batteries and hooked up charger to top them off. 1 1/2 later I went to check on charger and charger is running but gauge shows its done and batteries are extremely hot. Unhook the charger and go to take off and cart wont move. Check the batteries and all are down around 1 volt. I now assume I have a bad charger. I try charging the batteries and they will not hold charge. So I exchange the batteries and decide not to charge them until I have my charger tested. I take it for a loop around the house and everything is fine. Local cart shop was gonna be a week before they could test my charger so I take it home and decide to test the batteries to see how low they were if I could go for a little ride. Batteries are down around 1 volt again. Solenoid test good and I can not find a draw. I have read that the e-brake can push gas pedal and cause a draw. My pedal does depress when you set the brake but it pops and goes back to were it should be. I have the one solenoid set up and don't know what else to check. I am exchanging the batteries now but intend to leave them unhooked to figure this out. I'm sure my battery store will cut me off at some point. Thanks in advance for any help.
wareagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 90 club car battery draw

welcome to BGW.......i have to say this dosn,t make sense, is there any way you can post a few nice clear pics so we can look at the battery area with everything hooked up??......a little more info about the cart..........does it have lights, brake lights, any acc. that would draw power..........have you tried getting on the cart without putting the key on putting it in gear and see if she drives? what kind of batteries are you putting in?? did this just start after leaving key on?? when you do hook your batteries up in what exact location do you put the charge receptical wires? and this time when you hook batteries up leave everything else unhooked ( lights, radio, other acc. ) would love to see some pics of how everything is hooked up..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
wareagle1
Not Yet Wild

The cart does not have any acc. I have not tried to drive the cart with fresh batteries and the key off. I am embaraced to admit they are rural king batteries especially since im an interstate dealer trying to be cheap. I have the batteries unhooked now but I can hook them up and see if the cart will move. My local shop said the key on wouldn't drain the batteries but the problem did start after that. Thanks again.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

are they real golf cart batteries or just deep cycle? i wanted to see if solenoid is stuck on and draining it...if you jump on cart put it in gear and it goes solenoid would be stuck............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
wareagle1
Not Yet Wild

After gong over all my connections again I did find both wires going to the charger port to be a little loose I tightened them up and jacked up the rear end. No movement in forward or reverse. I left the cart hooked up and checked the pack every thirty min. So far no draw. Could this have caused my condidtion? The only other thing I question is a soilinoid that is no longer stuck.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car