lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2015, 05:19 AM   #11
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Fast maybe?

Your right on the money 93!

Love the "Disclaimer"!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #12
shoalnuff
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Fast maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
You are looking at it correctly. The trick is, though, to get the tie correctly tensioned so that the spring will still allow the governor to limit the RPMs just under the rev limiter so it doesn't "bounce off" the limiter. Disabling the limiter is no bueno - in most all cases it leads to valves floating.

My own preferred way is to stick the cart in maintenance mode (pull slightly out and rotate the yellow cam on the back of the FNR 180°) and turn the key on and leave the cart in neutral - it should now rev and not move. Shove the pedal to the floor, hear how it revs then the governor backs it down to a constant speed? Zip tie the spring so that it revs and backs down only a very little, this may take a few times of adjustmenting he zip tie. When satisfied that it revs, then backs down only a hair or stays exactly revved, you're done. Put the cart out of maintenance mode, throw the seat back on, and take a drive to test out your new top speed!

SPECIAL NOTE: This is a modification done at your own risk, doing it wrong can result in a blown engine. Running this modification will ultimately decrease engine life (duh) and will rapidly do so if you abuse the cart. Consider safety of all others when using this cart, and when children, elderly people, pets, and your drunk buddies are driving the cart. Serious injuries can occur, and a direct link has been found between the increased speed of a golf cart and amount of beverages spilled and non-moving objects collided with.
Thanks alot, I will do it this weekend when i get back down to the beach. That's where my cart is at
shoalnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car