lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2020, 03:33 PM   #1
halehouse
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 Cart will not move all of a sudden

I recently purchased and installed the Alltrax XCT400YDR controller and solenoid. The cart ran great for a little over a weak, no issues at all. Then a few days ago i went to back it out of the garage and it would not move.

I checked the batteries and they are setting at 51v, the led on the controller shows green. However when I plug my laptop into it and launch the alltrax software nothing shows up. I can see the controller listed in windows settings as a connected device.

I can hear the solenoid click when I switch it to forward/reverse and push the gas pedal. When I push the pedal down the light on the controller will stay green until I read full pedal then it flashes amber. I have checked the voltage going to the motor and it shows roughly 25 volts maxing out when the pedal is fully depressed. I also noticed that when the brake is off I can push the cart forward and the solenoid will click.

Not sure what else I can test, and with everything going on in the world Alltrax has a message up that they are short staffed and to email them for techsupport, which I have done.

Just wondering if anyone here know anything else I can try until I hear back.

Thanks
halehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2020, 12:17 AM   #2
ac921ol
Getting Wild

Default Re: G29 Cart will not move all of a sudden

I’m interested in what the issue can be, I have no idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ac921ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 03:04 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Probably a motor issue, the readings from motor to controller are suspect (motor is getting voltage, but not turning). The led indicator seems to indicate controller is ok/normal. "Amber" means "at full throttle & not in 'current limit cutback'". A bad led indication would be red.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 07:54 PM   #4
halehouse
Not Yet Wild

I was able to verify the solenoid is not the issue.
I also swapped the original controller back in place and the issue remained.

It must be the motor that is the issue.

Now the question is what motor should I put in the cart?

The reason I upgraded the controller was to get it past the 13 MPH limit, however on flat ground I was still only going about 15-18 mph. I would like to be able to cruise closer to 20+ if possible. I also need to keep the price down, the wife is already pretty upset with me about this unexpected expense. :)
Old 05-21-2020, 03:24 PM   #5
halehouse
Not Yet Wild

I replaced the motor, and it runs like a dream again.

I went with the Admiral MOT-D2.
It moved down the road pretty quickly now, on flat ground it runs right around 25mph.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha