lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Arkie_3_fan
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas cart comparison

How do the EZGO gas carts, approx. 2006 - 2008 year models, compare to Club Car and Yamaha gassers of around the same year model?
I'm in the market for a gas cart and there are two used cart dealers in the area. One carries mostly EZGO and the other carries mostly Club Car and Yamaha. The EZGO carts seem to be selling for a little cheaper. My only gas cart experience has been from using a Yamaha and Club Car so I'm curious as to how the EZGO rates in comparison to them.
Any thoughts and opinions are welcome.
Arkie_3_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Gas cart comparison

I have 4 ezgo's 93 to 96 all with the 2 cylinder 4 cycle gas motor basically the same motor as the 06 -08 you are looking at. WE have alot of hills in our campground and i have run up against them all and the ezgo will outpull any of them in the hills. They also run smoother than the single cylinders. No question ezgo is the only way to go!! One of mine is has a stock motor with a 5'' lift and 22'' tires and still easily outpulls stock yammys and clubbys in the hills. Hope this helps you out!
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:07 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ezgo hands down
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I like them all!! But I did have a CC for 10years as my personal cart and no problems with it, and just sold it and went to an E-Z, so I don't know what that says for the two?
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
Arkie_3_fan
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. Keep it coming!
Arkie_3_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:35 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Club Car has the CW rotational engine and transaxle Doesn't that eliminate them as a candidate for a bigger aftermarket engine we all love to put in out carts?
That narrows it down to Ezgo and Yamaha and one of those is hard to get in my area.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO