lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
Benrich
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 driveability problem

I first thought it was a fuel filter problem, changed that, no help, had the intake gasket replaced and checked for air leaks, no help, changed the muffler, still does it. Rusn great cold, after a few holes it doesn't want to go, if I gingerly plat with the gas pedal and give it a little gas it will eventually go, it back fires when it gets in this mode. After I get it going and don't stop it seems to run fine. Then I stop and try to get going again it will do it.. Any thoughts?
Benrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 driveability problem

One thing I have found in cold/damp wheather...the fuel pump "pulsar" line can get clogged with moister/oil. There are 3 lines that go to the fuel pump...from gas tank...to the carb and the "pulsar" line to the engine. Disconnect the pulsar line and try to "blow" back toward the engine. You should feel no restriction. If you do use some carb cleaner (in the line) and use compressed air to blow all the crap into the engine (take the oil filler cap off and cover with a rag). Then drain the oil and reinstall 1 qt of new oil. At least give it a try.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
Benrich
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G16 driveability problem

Thanks smallblock, tried what you suggested, blew thru the line, it was clear, no restriction what so ever. this problem doesn't seem to be outside temp related but after the engine is ran for a while, its happened when the outside temp in in the high 80's or 60's. Has anyone had any carb or coil problems that act up after the engine gets hot? I took the fuel pump apart thinking maybe it could be clogged, it is very clean. If anyone else has any thoughts I would appreciate it
Benrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha