lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Speakers

I have been trying to research about speakers on here and still have some questions. I am wanting to put an amp and 2 speakers in my g2 , maybe a bazooka also. I am wondering if I should go with 6.5`s or 6x9`s. Where would be the best place to mount them? I am thinking between the seats? What would be the best bang for the buck in wht I am trying to do? I have the bazooka and some old school amps. In my Jeep I am using a Linear power 200 what that I bought in 1984 and 2 power acoustic 6x9`s. If i could get my cart to sound close to that I would be satisfied.
jmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Speakers

I would recommend 6x9 if you can fit them, I would get a common brand like alpine/kenwood/pioneer/mtx/etc or better to start with and as low of power as you are going to run. What I mean is high power speakers are less efficient and often sound worse if cheaper ones, unless you are going to run that kind of power to them. It would be best to run class D or T or H amps in a cart to conserve power, in particular on a sub. Ideal would be a 4ch class D/H and run it all on that, but they can cost more. I would not use a good old school amp, they can be a little less efficient (even to class AB) and are durable, but not worth wasting the money because you can get say a newer used kenwood so cheap that will work great, or many other brands.

With more cone area a 6x9 or coax 8" will work better than a 6.5, more bass and midbass and you will need that in an open space. That is why they work better in boats as well....providing you are talking about comparable cost. I know polk are all marine rated not sure what others are.

You can also make your own tube with the concrete form tubes and ply ends. Just paint it with fiberglass resin when you are done (a few coats) and then paint it or carpet/whatever, and it will be pretty water resistant and durable as well as lightweight.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
haus513
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Speakers

Make sure your going water resistant and not just using what you got laying around. If it was me I would get some 6 and a halfs from a boat shop and mount them in the front crowl. It does not matter how bad*** the speakers are if they are pointed in the wrong direction. (i.e. the subs in the caddy trunk verse the same subs in the civic hatch) If you where going with a sub i would make a box to fit under the rear seat since you got room to spare down there
haus513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha