lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
gazza1701-a
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G9 side piller cover removal

How do I remove the plastic covers from the side pillers of my G9, I can't figure out how to get the round plastic rivets out without cracking the cover.

Sorry I ment to post this in the Gas Yamaha section!!
gazza1701-a is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 side piller cover removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza1701-a View Post
How do I remove the plastic covers from the side pillers of my G9, I can't figure out how to get the round plastic rivets out without cracking the cover.

Sorry I ment to post this in the Gas Yamaha section!!
There will be 4 "push pin rivets" in each side pillar. Use a small punch to drive the center pin toward the inner side of the side pillar. Then pull the rest of the rivet head out and try to find the pins so you can reuse them.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
BigCountry79
Gone Wild

Yamaha

mine arent like that, their not 2 piece, just one......i yanked mine out with pliers and got new ones from lowes
BigCountry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #4
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

I have a 91 and a 94 G9 and mine are like the ones smallblock described. I just took the pillars off the one yesturday and you need to make sure you push the upper front one in all the way. It hits the metal behind it and it makes you think you have it out when you dont. So start with the bottom ones first they just push out easy and then pry out a little on the top front one after you push the center in a little to make sure its all the way out. i thought that i had it out all the way so i tried to pull the outter part out with pliers and broke one.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
youngbro401
Not Yet Wild

I had to remove all the push pin rivets to take off the side pillars as well. I didn't realize that you needed to push in the center then they would pop out. I ended up snapping off all the flat round heads, which now I realize means I actually broke them all. Now that I have to get new ones, will any universal style from Home Depot work?
youngbro401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #6
gazza1701-a
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

thank you all so much ... you've saved me a lot of head scratching !
gazza1701-a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

any auto store should have what you need to put the pillars back on. they will probably have the ones that Bigcountry has on his.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha