lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #11
jackel440
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: My first golf cart, The G9 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlcain View Post
I would be interested in buying your top if you ever decide to sell it.
Well I think I will be holding onto it for awhile.I have plans to make a cool extended top for it ,but that won't happen any time soon.If your still looking for one and I remember i will let you know.
jackel440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #12
jackel440
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: My first golf cart, The G9 Adventure

Ok I finally got a little time to slip out to the shop.So I thought i would pull the clutch off and yank the engine out.I got some materials at work to make up a puller to get the clutch off,and low and behold when i took off the bolt holding it on it just slipped right off.
So I proceeded to pull the engine out,as I had to know what caused it to try and sieze up.
I got it out and up on the bench.I pulled the clutch side cover off and all looked well.Pulled the counterbalance then the cam.Still was bound up.I then loosened up the connecting rod.Sure enough the rod was siezing at the wrist pin.
So I would say this engine is done.Needs bored,piston,rod,etc...... I think I might as well go the clone route on this cart.
Oh and I also wanted to ask ,but is the clutch supposed to be solid on the part that slides in and out?Mine has wore so much it is worn through the sheeve til it just has the thicker part of the casting showing.
jackel440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha