lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #11
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Launches 19-mph (Xelerator) Kits for Gasoline Golf Cars

With the stock FE290's that I've "adjusted" at my campground, I set them at around 4300 RPM's,
and that get's them around 20 to 22 mph on 22" tires,
these cart owners didn't want a tach! (even IF they had one... they wouldn't pay attention to it! )

My FE350 is set considerably higher then that, (with 25" tires) but, I won't say what it is!
I don't have a tach, and it runs within the limits on flat ground,
but, I've reached 32 MPH, going down hill at full bore, I "literally" heard the valves start to float twice, I backed off both times!

Note: Too high of RPM's = valve float = KABOOM!

As most of us who have "adjusted" our carts to go faster, we've done it for A LOT less $$$ then the CC Xcelerator set up,
but, at least Club Car understands what their customers want now... MORE SPEED!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Just had my first experience with these kits yesterday. Wow! I'm impressed.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #13
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
So what exactly does $584 buy you David ?

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastercarter View Post
So what exactly does $584 buy you David ?

FC
Drive Clutch, Driven Clutch, Belt, and all cables necessary to do the conversion. By the way, don't go by that price. That's full retail. Some dealers are nice and offer discounts. Shop around some.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #15
Kowached
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Drive Clutch, Driven Clutch, Belt, and all cables necessary to do the conversion. By the way, don't go by that price. That's full retail. Some dealers are nice and offer discounts. Shop around some.
Dave, what price is your dealer offering kits for? I've got to say that I like the idea of 19mph without high RPM for the engine, but the retail price is more than I paid for the cart...
Kowached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowached View Post
Dave, what price is your dealer offering kits for? I've got to say that I like the idea of 19mph without high RPM for the engine, but the retail price is more than I paid for the cart...
I can't post that information. I'm not a site sponsor. I'm not here to sell. I'm just here to help people out and have a good time.

Isn't your cart a 96? If so, it should have the oldschool transmission and a counter clockwise running engine. This kit won't work with your cart because the driven clutch is only designed to run clockwise.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #17
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
I can't post that information. I'm not a site sponsor. I'm not here to sell. I'm just here to help people out and have a good time.

Isn't your cart a 96? If so, it should have the oldschool transmission and a counter clockwise running engine. This kit won't work with your cart because the driven clutch is only designed to run clockwise.

No disrespect intended David but Club Car have had this issue for years, WE all knew the carts could withstand an additional 1000 rpm's or so and finally, after all this time they offer a "speed kit" ? Horse bolted, Stable door open ? Club Car appear to be seeking a market that has already been tapped. Good luck selling a kit for however much, that offers less performance than a 10 cent zip tie. Pure genius

FC
Old 04-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastercarter View Post
No disrespect intended David but Club Car have had this issue for years, WE all knew the carts could withstand an additional 1000 rpm's or so and finally, after all this time they offer a "speed kit" ? Horse bolted, Stable door open ? Club Car appear to be seeking a market that has already been tapped. Good luck selling a kit for however much, that offers less performance than a 10 cent zip tie. Pure genius

FC
I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally, I like the kit. I've seen what high RPMs do to engines. That 10 cent zip tie can end up costing a whole lot more money than this kit once it throws the counter balance out of the back of the engine. I've seen it hundreds and hundreds of times. Personally I'm biased to the electric cars myself. You couldn't give me a gas car. I simply said I liked the kit. But hey, to each his own right?

What happens when you combine your zip tie with this clutch kit? Possibly speeds of up to 30 MPH or so... Who wouldn't like that?
Old 04-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #19
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally, I like the kit. I've seen what high RPMs do to engines. That 10 cent zip tie can end up costing a whole lot more money than this kit once it throws the counter balance out of the back of the engine. I've seen it hundreds and hundreds of times. Personally I'm biased to the electric cars myself. You couldn't give me a gas car. I simply said I liked the kit. But hey, to each his own right?

What happens when you combine your zip tie with this clutch kit? Possibly speeds of up to 30 MPH or so... Who wouldn't like that?
So this kit is akin to a torque converter ? Like the Tav series "Torqueaverters" ?

FC
Old 04-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #20
Hardatwork
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Dave

Can you say what I could expect to pay for the Xeclerator kit if I could find a deal on one at a dealer?

Thanks
Chuck
Hardatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car