lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
g+16
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1994 ds model won't run

afternoon all, long time reader first time poster. as stated 1994 ds bought about 5 yrs ago ran perfect for first 3 yrs, then started to have problems starting and remain running took to one shop they said was starter/generator they had it rebuilt, after I got it ran fine for 5-10 minutes good and hot and it shut down again. Took to different guy he said was coil he replaced same, same problem after half hour. Now same as before spark for a few minutes then none, runs good in maintance mode but engine slows down before spark dies. rev limiter cut by someone, now I'm being told by one person to change lignitor and another saying change voltage regulator (battery is new and do not loss charge) new plug installed. This could drive a man to drink and it would be a real short trip. Any suggestions? getting tired of spending money and no results from it.
g+16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
g+16
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1994 ds model won't run

forgot to add 290 motor
Old 08-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
g+16
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I take for granted no one has any idea
Old 08-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #4
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by g+16 View Post
I take for granted no one has any idea

THREE POSTS and your that rude ? Even I made it to several hundred before I got banned. Try another forum mate. I'm confident a "Mercedes for Teenagers Paid for by Daddy" forum will have the answers you seek.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Chris... Ease up buddy! (Comment's like that are what got you into trouble the last time!)
Besides, 2 weeks and no one replied... it reads like a "bump" to me!

G+16, Welcome to BGW!

It's too bad you've had someone replace those parts with the same outcome.
Yep... it could be the ignitor, but, the voltage regulator?... no!

*EDIT* just saw "rev limiter cut by someone" just make sure both ends of the wires are taped up well!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
g+16
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
THREE POSTS and your that rude ? Even I made it to several hundred before I got banned. Try another forum mate. I'm confident a "Mercedes for Teenagers Paid for by Daddy" forum will have the answers you seek.
well you know what, I'm 58 yrs old and I work average of 60 hours a week so I don't need a paid by your daddy forum that you run, everything I have I bought and paid for. I figured 2 weeks was long enough for a guess from someone. If you can not help with a problem, then keep your comments to yourself.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

WHOOPS! ease up g+!

invalid has already been warned, and I'm sorry you haven't got the answer you needed right away!
But you have to understand that it's difficult to diagnose some cart problems over the internet without actually being at the cart!

Via the internet... the ignitor would be your next, best suggestion!

and Chris... don't you dare reply unless it's helpful! or I'll.............

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by g+16 View Post
well you know what, I'm 58 yrs old and I work average of 60 hours a week so I don't need a paid by your daddy forum that you run, everything I have I bought and paid for. I figured 2 weeks was long enough for a guess from someone. If you can not help with a problem, then keep your comments to yourself.

I feel your pain chum, I'm heading into the mid 50's myself and I find myself getting crankier with every advancing year. Sorry if I was rude.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:57 PM   #9
g+16
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

update this old thread, at long last it is running good just got back from a week on the lake with it, even ran good for golf cart parade. Turns out the man who has worked on my lawn mower is also a certified club car mechanic granted it had to go in line behind everything else he had to work on, said the coil did not have proper gap, new ignitor, carb. and put on new rpm limiter. and runs great still a little cold natured on first morning start but I can live with that. If you live in southern Indiana and need his number give me a pm, he lives in Seymour, he also certified Oman generator man. thanks for listening
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car