lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2014, 09:08 AM   #1
Chief Limping Horse
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default can't figure out how to remove rev limiter 91 club car!

So I've researched for two days straight but no one can give a straight answer on how to remove the rev limiter on a kf82. I tried disconnecting the ground wire from the engine but I still hit the limiter please help the sputtering above a 1/4 throttle is stupid, note I have my governor disabled
Chief Limping Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: can't figure out how to remove rev limiter 91 club car!

I don't know that you can disable the rev limiter on the '90-'91 carts, it's part of the coil. The '84-'89 carts don't have an internal rev limiter. How fast are you going before it starts stumbling? Cart lifted with big tires at all?

Have you tried adjusting the gas pedal rod that runs below the floorboard? You can pick up some speed there maybe.

Here are some pics. But be careful, if you make it too long your park brake might not work correctly.

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #3
illregal
Not Yet Wild

Are you sure its stuttering, or is it because you've disabled the governor. When I disabled mine, its either all on, or all off after the pedal is down halfway. So your probably bucking back and forth bouncing between all on or off.

There's plenty of adjustment on the governor rod that it should probably still be intact, and you can play with adjustment until it stops bucking but still has the speed. On the rear governor arm, try halfway in the middle as a starting ground. If it still bucks then the rod has to shortened up some more.

After doing this on mine, it still gets up to 20 no problem and it's smooth about it.
illregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I don't even have the governor rod hooked up on my cart. I can trust myself to run the motor within it's limits, but not anyone else...so the rod is still there, and I can stick it back on the carb in two seconds if I ever decide to let someone else drive it.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
Chief Limping Horse
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

OK thanks guys I will look into the pedal rod thing. I am putting a lift on it today
Chief Limping Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, gas, rev limiter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car