lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #1
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Question 2005 Gas Club Car Won't Crank

Ok so we've been driving the in-laws 2005 gas Club Car around all day today and it all of a sudden won't turn over. Has plenty of voltage. There's a rapid clicking sound coming from what appears to be the solenoid (as if it's rapidly engaging and disengaging). There's voltage at the red wire (battery positive) on the solenoid but none on the white even when gas pedal is down. I thought that it must be the solenoid so I put a screwdriver across the large solenoid terminals and still nothing (other than the clicking stops). Not sure what could be the issue. Anyone have any ideas or a similar issue?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2014, 08:48 PM   #2
gatesjunior
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2005 Gas Club Car Won't Crank

Well if you were driving it fine and then when you stopped it at some point and then it would not start, I would check the ground strap coming off the motor to the frame. Tug on it and make sure it is snug. If that doesn't work, I would then lean toward starter/generator possibly. I have seen while driving the carts the ground can work loose if it was never really crimped well, etc...
gatesjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 2005 Gas Club Car Won't Crank

After checking everything over I decided to swap in the known-good battery from my cart into the '05 and whaddya know...it cranked right up! Got a new battery and she's back up and running. It threw me off in the beginning because the battery seemed to be holding a good charge according to the voltmeter. But after checking nearly every thing else, I thought I'd rule out the battery once and for all by swapping mine in. I also put the voltmeter on it while running the motor after installing the new battery and the voltage went up 14V so it's still charging good. Problem solved.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car